OVERBURY'S E-STAY

To be fair ... Neither do I !
Bitd it was all I could so to save up to upgrade my parts !
a bit here and a bit there, in the end everyone's bike is custom in some way or another!

Those estay and especially the bedsteads are something special tho so hopefully they will materialise at some point !

Ha! Well... it's been so long, I forgot my password!

I did contact the guy who bought it for me, but no new info.. except that it was bought from Overbury's, which I knew, and that it was secondhand at the time. So whatever repair job it's had, it was done and resprayed by Overbury's.

... The bike is in my cellar... got several quotes for getting it fixed up from a local decent bike shop.. seeing as I'm plainly not going to do it myself. The "just getting it on the road as it is" quote was bad enough!! :D

The mediocre quote ( good paint job/reasonable kit) was in the region of six to seven hundred and the dogs wotsits job about a grand!

I was put off selling after reading the posts on here to be honest! but to be fair... everyone's enthusiasm for old bikes made me fall in love with mine all over again. It was much admired back in the day... and it still looks cool.

It's been stripped back and when I have the funds I'm taking it for a respray at Argos. Then get it rebuilt and ride it. It's a cool bike, and it's mine. So if you ever find yourself in Brighton... walking along the seafront.. keep an eye open for an old lady on a funky looking bike! You can guess the paint job right?

( How you doing Makster? )

I'm guessing you have already asked them, but when it goes to Argos, see what they say about the repair; there are a few of us who have had (or are having) excellent repair work done by them.

scoobybrighton":3ggw38i1 said:
Ha! Well... it's been so long, I forgot my password!

I did contact the guy who bought it for me, but no new info.. except that it was bought from Overbury's, which I knew, and that it was secondhand at the time. So whatever repair job it's had, it was done and resprayed by Overbury's.

... The bike is in my cellar... got several quotes for getting it fixed up from a local decent bike shop.. seeing as I'm plainly not going to do it myself. The "just getting it on the road as it is" quote was bad enough!! :D

The mediocre quote ( good paint job/reasonable kit) was in the region of six to seven hundred and the dogs wotsits job about a grand!

I was put off selling after reading the posts on here to be honest! but to be fair... everyone's enthusiasm for old bikes made me fall in love with mine all over again. It was much admired back in the day... and it still looks cool.

It's been stripped back and when I have the funds I'm taking it for a respray at Argos. Then get it rebuilt and ride it. It's a cool bike, and it's mine. So if you ever find yourself in Brighton... walking along the seafront.. keep an eye open for an old lady on a funky looking bike! You can guess the paint job right?

( How you doing Makster? )

riddler ???
I'm glad you are keeping it and planning to use it !
What sort of Groupset are you thinking of building it with ?

Back