OVERBURY'S E-STAY

hollister":pkh1j0xl said:
4sale.jpg

Cheers Hollister.

Could it be that they are both original colours and that is the combination they asked for, rather than a respray of the frame? Or it was the only fork they had at the time???

Rightly or wrongly, i have posted my thoughts on this, fwiw its only one mans opinion.

I hope it goes to a good home... :cool:

Me to. It looks like it definitely deserves it!

Could be absolutely stunning if somebody has the time to bring it back to its former glory...

scoobybrighton":14t5jbci said:
I am quietly listening to all that is being said. All I can personally tell you is that the frame and forks were purchased from Overburys in Bristol, of that I am certain.I lived in Bath at the time. It was purchased and put together by an old boyfriend who was a massive bike fan ( at the time he had a couple of Rocky Mountains which I think he had imported and an Alpinestars bike)
He put it together for me because he had plonked me on the Alpinestars bike and it was treacherously too big!
If this bike was repaired in any way... it was not since I have had it (1991) I have no recollection of it having been repaired prior to purchase either... I am pretty sure I would know if that was the case. But hey... we are talking 20 odd years ago! As there is no way of contacting Mr P it seems, I have taken it upon myself to try and contact the guy that put it together for me. He probably would be as fascinated by this story as any of you! If I hear anything back I will let you know. Similarly once I have had some professional eyes look at the frame I shall let you know.

If you do find out any more about the history of the frame I would love to hear more about it.

sinnerman":321g37s1 said:
Rightly or wrongly, i have posted my thoughts on this, fwiw its only one mans opinion.

I hope it goes to a good home... :cool:

If it goes to mine it will do.....

I can't beleive it's my size as well. I would love to restore it to mint spec........then ride it!

I've just got a bit of cash for my birthday, so you never know.... (fingers crossed!!)

Any word on this yet ?? I'm dying to know more.. Just really curious about
These early frames combined with sinnerman's passion/knowledge which is infectious :)

Back