Orange Clockwork , Finished and ridden... Pics pg 4...

brocklanders023 wrote :

Good to see more Orange content Si. You'll notice a lot of difference between the c16 and an early Clockwork (I did) but both are ace in their own way.

Yea I could not resist this one,, fancied a clockwork in these colours, the best colour in my opinion, in what way would you describe the difference between this and the 16 fella.. ?

jimihendrix wrote :

Nice to see so many Clockworks in progress at the moment , cant wait to see this one done

Its strange,, dont see any for ages, then loads.. :LOL: :LOL:, yea I think you'll like this build chaps.. :)

My 1990 Clockwork is very low at the front with a short head tube. My 1993 is the same size frame but at least 1" longer in the head tube. Seem to remember my c16 being longer still.

My early one feels much 'racier' if that makes any sense, not as relaxed a ride and a little more twitchy. TBH my 1995 c16 felt like it had the 5 years extra development that it actually had. Saying that, my favourite riding Clockwork has always been the 1993's. I'm confusing myself now! :roll:

You'll see what I mean when you compare them back to back. ;)

Yes ill agree on that my 1991 Clockwork that im building at present has a very short head tube, its over 1 inch shorter than my brothers Kona Cinder cone 1993, thats why i have but barends on mine as i really want to keep the original stem and bars

Going to be really interesting to see how the Clockwork and the C16 compare then back to back :)

Played around with a couple of build ideas today.. :)

The Start ..
PICT1298.jpg

PICT1380.jpg

PICT1375.jpg

PICT1417.jpg

PICT1405.jpg

If it is any help... I used to crash my C16 every time I went out on it :LOL:

It even tried to drown me during a race, I ended up upside down attached to the thing in a deep stream...

another time whilst leading the peleton halfway through the 1st lap, it went mad and chucked me on the deck in front of 30 riders,,, fortunately I slid into the nettles.... :shock:

I loved that bike :D it never broke my collar bones,,,unlike my GT :LOL: :p

Thought I would add a few little teasers up of the progress of this :) , its nearly there.. :) , and I am pleased with the results,, :) , hope you guys approve.. :)

PICT1794.jpg

PICT1811-1.jpg

PICT1803.jpg

:)

nice update, keep 'em coming. ;) :D

I'm actually on the look out for a set of those canti's at the moment, ;)

What stem's that Si?

Yep that's the canti's :roll: duh! :LOL: got my eyes on a couple of sets at the moment.

Unless there's another stem on the bike, then that's the one yeah :roll: :oops: :LOL: Is it Ti, :?

Back