Withdrawn 1988 Orange Clockwork, very rare!

brocklanders023

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Hi all. I'm offering up my very original 1988 Orange Clockwork for sale. It's 17.5" c to t with a short top tube and long stem. The original owner told me it was one of the first 50 Orange bikes ever made and he'd bought it new at the back end of 1988 having been persuaded by the shop owner to check out the new brand he was stocking. He also knows Lester Noble which I thought was pretty cool!

As can be seen it is a different design to the usual 89's and has much more in common with the Muddy fox's of the time. Best guess it was made in the same factory before Orange shifted production and geometry to A-Pro. I was told it was basically un changed from new and the only question I'd have about that is the DX headset which is a bit later than the Deore group set. Tyres are the original Specialized.

Condition is used so expect patina but over all it's obviously had an easy life. I have done nothing to it since I bought it so it would benefit from a light service and some cable replacement but otherwise it's good to go!

Not sure I really want to sell but I have my eye on another bike so am offering it for £199. Postage is available at cost or collection from Skipton, North Yorkshire. Any questions, feel free to ask but don't hang around as I might decide to keep it!

Photo 06-01-2024, 12 05 24.jpg Photo 06-01-2024, 12 05 31.jpg Photo 06-01-2024, 12 05 36.jpg Photo 06-01-2024, 12 05 45.jpg Photo 06-01-2024, 12 06 12.jpg Photo 06-01-2024, 12 06 37.jpg Photo 06-01-2024, 12 06 44.jpg Photo 06-01-2024, 12 06 53.jpg

Last edited:
Yes, up in Penrith. Really great chap!
He is ,when Michael Bonney passed away piers was tasked as a friend to help disperse his estate ,he gave me a prototype Orange full suspension frame that never made it to production ( it was multi pivot and in the end they went down the single pivot we all know ) I’ve to many bikes or I’d have possibly had it of you

He is ,when Michael Bonney passed away piers was tasked as a friend to help disperse his estate ,he gave me a prototype Orange full suspension frame that never made it to production ( it was multi pivot and in the end they went down the single pivot we all know ) I’ve to many bikes or I’d have possibly had it of you
Yes, we discussed Michael and I told Piers about MB being a member here bitd and helping us Orange fans out. Piers gave me a couple of the pin badges he still had left from the estate.

Latest posts

Back