Orange aluminium 0

those shifter cracked but it didn't normally alter how they work, they may just need a clean up and use vasaline as the grease.
don't bin them, sell or give away (srt800 x-ray)
are you wanting to just get it going or take it back to proper?
V-Brake are what are fitted, i can see the levers. they are either shimano stx so they are v brake ones.
so don't worry about anything brakes unless you want to go back to the older style.

i think we're 1991 with that frame, so if you want to turn time back (yeah!) lookin the gallery&archive for shimano 1991 catalogues or Suntour etc.

£44 a lot for some thumbshifters, i want most the bike for that.

of you were not so far away i would pop round.

Re:

also if that is set up for you.
seatpost out real long, bending (as it looks bent, it certainly not inline with the frame)
long stem (longer than normal, especially if it had suspension fitted)
seat jammed back on the rails.

then the bikes a bit small, be great for a short distance fun thing, but not longer rides.

frame is for <5'6" maybe ?

Re:

Yea it's not the best fit lol. But I'm not planning on doing anything too serious on it these days. Anyone know a good bike shop in Sussex near Brighton?

I always recommend doing the work yourself as it isnt brain surgery.
No harm though in using bike mechanics to do the specialized or tricky or rusted in type of job, but they'l charge you a fortune doing the bits you could easily do with only a little instruction(from here) with links to pics, diagrams, and more these days, you tube vids.
It will allow you to take it to them and specify the work you want done. Or most often it will be a case of the sound of air rushing through teeth, welcoming in the sound of your cash. Specify this, that or t'other and thats all you'll pay for.

Plus makes it more personal, and should something go amiss miles from home, you're not sitting there flummoxed as to what to do and facing a huge walk home. And of course experience and confidence to tackle other builds and who knows.... even life's challenges themselves

:LOL:

is there anywhere I can get these original decals still? Like exactly the same ones? I'm getting this bike up and running now, and was thinking about getting it properly resprayed as per original. But only If I can get the same stickers...

Back