Not Retro but ; Anyone ride tubeless

Well no Anthony, I can't really confirm it because I've never suffered from it (touch wood). The main reason I have my tyres so hard is because the tubeless system is fitted to my rigid singlespeed. Any softer and it feels quite springy when your putting the effort in going up the hills and I don't want to waste the energy when hill climbing.

I've unintentionally run my tyres at lower pressures without any burping problems but to be honest only because I've been too lazy to pump them up before a ride. I've realised they've been a little on the soft side and when I've checked them at home they have registered +/- around 30 PSIG.

I gotta say I was a real sceptic of Stans and the like and it took me ages to take the plunge but I just got sick of the punctures and the remedies that just didn't work. My favourite tracks were out of bounds after hedge cutting and it really p1ssed me off. As to fitting I can honestly say that they weren't a problem.

Hey, tubeless works for me (so far) but I have an open mind to any other puncture remedies and I've tried a fair few but if something just doesn't sound right I'll challenge it until I'm happy with the answers I'm getting before trying it, nothing wrong with that.

Back