FAO - those that run or have run sealant inside innertubes... feedback req'd pls!

My main commuter & a few others that get a few miles on them are running tube sealant. I started using about 18 months ago I really don't want to be delayed fixing a puncture especially in winter. I have 2 running slime tubes I got reduced but not done a lot of miles on them. My main one is running Muc Offs tube sealant & unlike their regular tyre sealant doesn't go off. I got it discounted when I worked in a bike shop & even cheaper online from Aldi (not currently available). Done over 2000 miles before my only puncture so far. It was a slow one & would hold for a couple of days. On investigation it was a cut about 3mm that kept opening. Patched & so far so good. I didn't top up as little evidence of much leakage. Most of my ride is off road then urban cycle-lanes & city streets so a mix of puncture opportunities.

Why would you need to 'start again' and bin the tube after its dried up? Why not just top it up, as you do in tubeless tyres? I don't spend hours piggling or scrubbing off the dried up stuff on tubeless tyres, just add some fresh sealant and its good to go in my eyes.

I’ve found that if you don’t remove the already dried sealant. The new sealant sticks to it and goes off far far quicker.

Back