not another Yo Eddy build thread!

jonnyboy666":2x8kxh5v said:
so having finished it i had to take it out for a ride :D

11497965826_6889a33cd3.jpg
well done :D
I would have built it differently but how did you do it, seems very purposeful.

well, purposeful, a couple of people have said that. i think that word probably gets used because there's no bling on it, ok there are a few colours but that's not necessarily deliberate as that happened out of what i had in the garage, luckily the colours seem to look good together (i think anyway), but even those colours are colours on known quality reliable parts

ignoring the colours though the build is simple, no fuss, i think even if i had the money for parts like ringle and pauls, grafton etc i wouldn't use them, not because i don't like them but in someways i don't trust them, worrying about cracks while riding is something i don't want to do, parts like onza brakes, i love the look but don't trust the performance so i find myself always returning to shimano and that tends to be stuff that's on riders bikes as opposed to show bikes (no offence!) and that i think is why people have been using the word "purposeful" which for the record i do appreciate :)

This has turned out really nice. I love it.

Got to say it was my 2013 RB regret of the year not buying it off Dave when I saw it for sale. You have done a great job on it though.

Good point about trusting the gear. No point taking on a fast decent when that £250 uber light brake lever snaps. I can't help but go back to bits I have used bitd.Tried, tested and hammered with no breakages. This bike looks individual and fresh.

Another benefit of your approach is the time it takes to get out and on it.

Mine will have taken close to a year due to finding the budget for rare parts and also the great part hunt itself!

I also can’t help agreeing with the fact you’ll be using yours properly.

I swore I’d never have a ‘garage queen’ (really what’s the point?) and I plan to stick to that but will I actually thrash it like I should? On a muddy winters day?

It’s such a double edged sword. You want the exotic interesting bits from years gone by, ideally NOS, but then want them to magically stay that way.

Nice work dude.

Cheers chap, silly question alert:

Cable routed from saddle down to the top of the mech:

Top pull

Cable routed up from under the BB up to the bottom of the mech:

Bottom pull

Correct?

Back