New project. 1992 Orange Aluminium 'O'.

That Gil chap is awesome, popped him of an email and about 20 seconds later I have a proof (including positions, which is lucky because my memory it turns out is rubbish).

Yippee

I am so excited

:shock: :? :x :p :cool: :cool: :p

<edit>

oops so excited I forgot to say would it be worth lacquering the bike after i put the decals on? My mate renovates motorbikes so its not a hassle to strip and apply the decals and get is sprayed.

Yep, Gil's the man. He did the ones on my Clockwork. :cool: I didn't bother with lacquer, just put the decals straight on top of the powdercoat. Easier to replace if they get damaged ;)

If your crown is the same as mine then it's different to the ebay forks. Not sure they'd fit but could be wrong.

the finish on the O is ok (some chips in the down tube and chain stays) so i am torn between leaving it and going for show room.

do you know what the finish on the matt grey/silver O is?

I feel like I did 20 years ago when i bought the machine. stuff work i am off up the downs to thrash the O like i stole it.........

Ought to have the stickers for next week, I got Friday off work so I will post piccies as soon as they are done.

The only other thing i really need are the integrated shifters/brake leavers that shimano did. Any ideas?

<edit>

hurrah for ebay, i got a set of ST-M092s heading my way

If the paint is tidy enough I'd leave it as I prefer the original finish with a bit of patina. New decals will freshen it up. Don't know the paint code for the silver/grey but it was the look I was after with the Clockwork. Looking forward to seeing your 'O'. :D

So am I!

I am a little nervous about doing the transfers but it should be ok. I am pretty relaxed and patient about that sort of thing so I guess take it easy think it through and it will be fine.

I can not wait to ride it with the original shifters, I loved having both shifters under the thumb but when they broke I was at uni and had to go for thumbies because i was skint (and that was 14 years ago!)

Yes get a thread up with it in :D

It was just Satin Silver or some such. Mine is Satin Silver, you can just about see it under the thick black plastic coating it has now :LOL:

Think I might have a pootle trying to finish mine off tonight. brocklanders, have you traced the 'digital' orange decals decals for boy'o'boy ?

FluffyChicken":ap83jflw said:
Yes get a thread up with it in :D

It was just Satin Silver or some such. Mine is Satin Silver, you can just about see it under the thick black plastic coating it has now :LOL:

Think I might have a pootle trying to finish mine off tonight. brocklanders, have you traced the 'digital' orange decals decals for boy'o'boy ?

:oops: Not yet. Oddly enough I even thought about going out today to get some tracing paper but the nasty wind and rain put me off. If you fancy that style I'll get them over to Ben asap. ;)

Back