NEED SOME HELP WITH THESE RARE MONGOOSE SOLUTION PRO FRAMES

crunkz06

Dirt Disciple
Hi everyone,

i acquired these two frames in the pics below 5 or 6 years ago. I used to only see them in catalogs and in the bid store as they were really expensive. Basically they are my "dream" frames from the 90's. Neither frame has ever been ridden.The one with teal decals is actually a cruiser 24 , and the earlier one with purple is a regular 20". The purple one has the extra weld on the down tube so i don't thinks its one of the super early ones. The 20" one has never had any wheels or anything on it, just the parts in the pics I've lightly attached.

** on the purple decal 20" solution i can seem to get the proper headset to fit or maybe I'm just doing something wrong. a 1" headset cup does not fit at all as its waaaay to loose. a 1 1/8 headset is what seems to be too tight. So i measured the inner diameter of the head tube and it comes out to 1.25". I thought the early solutions accepted 1" forks/headsets etc., and the 1994-1995 ones accepted 1 1/8 stuff.
** could the frame just need "reamed"? is a "rare" team issue or something? the cruiser solution takes a 1 1/8 with no problem by the way.

If anyone has any knowledge or history on these frames or knows where i can find ANY original parts such as the proper forks or whatever please let me know. i have a 1" threaded solution fork that is original nos in the early titanium type finish that apparently i can't even use because of my head tube issue that i can't figure out. I can take and post more pics if anyone can help me. i even have 3 complete sets of the original 3 piece mongoose solution cranks , so i am very excited about putting these bikes together and maybe finding a bmx bike "show" of some type if they exist.Any info help would be much appreciated. If anyone knows an "approximate" value that would be cool too.

thank you for reading/viewing my post

Back