Need help identifying my Cannondale frame

Yes still looking to sell it I think. I’ll make a for sale post tomorrow 😎👍🏼
Good stuff, please give the community here on Retro Bike a chance to buy it first, as I said a lot of people here don't use Facebook Market etc etc. I do think you may regret selling it though down the line.

Cheers, Stephan.

Never is this a beast of the east frame. The triangle between the tubes is much different. The polished one does not have the very distinctive BOTE sloping geometry. The steerer tube length is almost identical too. This is a normal 3.0 M-Series frame. The 600 / 800 / 1000 was just all about the group-set parts. The frame itself was (almost) always the same.

1994 is correct. You can see that right away by the rear dropouts in combination with the font design of the main cannondale-logo

That "guy" at facebook was perfectly correct

Never is this a beast of the east frame. The triangle between the tubes is much different. The polished one does not have the very distinctive BOTE sloping geometry. The steerer tube length is almost identical too. This is a normal 3.0 M-Series frame. The 600 / 800 / 1000 was just all about the group-set parts. The frame itself was (almost) always the same.

1994 is correct. You can see that right away by the rear dropouts in combination with the font design of the main cannondale-logo

That "guy" at facebook was perfectly correct
@fguki @mattblake2 - The frame has been stripped of paint, they are not the original decals. So you cant tell anything from the decals. Matt's Frame and Fork set I guess is a 18 inch frame from 1993, M800 BOTE with a slopping top tube with a 13 inch BB height, 1 1/4 Threaded Pepperoni fork. Your comment is untrue "This is a normal 3.0 M-Series frame. The 600 / 800 / 1000 was just all about the group-set parts. The frame itself was (almost) always the same" The M800 had a slopping down tube like Matt's does for an 18 inch 1993 M800, 13 inch BB height from the ground and a 16 inch seat post, to make this an 18 inch M800. (Again I could be wrong) ;)

Attachments

• Slopping M800 Top Tube.png
    Slopping M800 Top Tube.png
    573.8 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Just saw these other replies!

Yeah it’s hard to tell.. although the measurements don’t lie and I’ve come to realise there was no M series (other than the M800) with a 13” BB height. So, it HAS to be a BOTE… right?

Last edited:
Another way you can confirm is, there were only two colours for the 1993 M800 BOTE - Page 22 within the link below. Deep Indigo and Formula Red. If you take the fork off and look down the frame head tube you will probably see some over spray and find out what colour it was from the USA factory: (unless the frame was dipped into a tank of paint remover, which I doubt very much)

https://www.retrobike.co.uk/archive/1993-cannondale-catalogue.1117/download

If your selling the frame and fork I would leave the BB in place for the new owner to remove.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back