my pace rc200 refurb rebuild

sorry for anyone who is following this build, that it is a slow one, it will get there ;)
managed to start putting some parts on the frame yesterday, got a 1inch fsa headset that had seen better days but after a good strip, rebuilt and regrease it is running nice and smooth. I got this fitted along with the forks, stem and bars.
I have two rc 130 bars the silver ones in the picture below and some black ones, im having a hard time making a final choice on what ones to use?? what do you guys think?
Been up the shed for a bit this morning so thought I would stick the front mech on and put a few of the gold bolts ive got into place.
ive bought a xt m737 rear mech and I was planning on using 737 cranks, but now im thinking of using xtr m950 cranks and rear mech because I think it will work nice with the colour of the stem, and im also thinking of getting the seat post anodised in the same colour.
Here is some progress pics. :D

looks like its going to be a nice build this :cool:

Have you decided on hubs for the wheels? I have a pace carbon front hub and the cnc silver rear to match if its of any interest?

Niall.

Cheers pal,
I've got a xtr m950 front so far but could be persuaded to change, are they 32 or 36 hole? What colour are the flanges on the front hub?
Any pics?

Thats looks lovely, the frame is stunning.

Although I would be concerned about running a 90/70mm fork on a frame that would have been designed for (unless I am mistaken) a rigid/35mm travel fork.

I always found paces suited shorter of the travel options anyway let alone one that is significantly longer.

But feel free to ignore me!

Thanks, Yeah I understand where your coming from, these were the forks that came with the frame which at the time seemed ok, but since catching the rb bug I've found out that these are a few years later than the frame and probably as you say a bit long in the travel, shame as I've just fully rebuilt them, ideally I would like to get hold of some rc30 rigid's as and when funds allow.

Picked up a set of ringle holey QR's a mix of colours and the seatpost one it ti,

They are starting to look a bit tatty and I want them all the same colour, so ive stripped them down today, along with my xt pedals, and these other goodies and sending them to rampage (intrincycle) to be re anodised, also getting a custom made shim for the rc45 stem

Once these are back I should be able to start getting a few more bits mounted on the bike. :)

Its an aldi special mate, picked it up just before Christmas for 30 quid, might still have a few in store, could be worth a look.

little bit more progress on the pace, I got my bits back from Chris at intrincycle, and I have to say what a great job he has done of anodising them, had everything done gold apart from the seat post that he colour matched to the grey of the stem, he also made me up a shim for the pace stem which is a very nice snug fit got my new top cap and spacers and bolts through the post, so thought it was time to start getting everything back together.
the spindles of the Ringle qr's got a good de grease and thread clean then rebuilt, I need to get some new rubber o rings for them now, anyone got any ideas where I can pick some up from?
I wasn't happy with the condition of the seat post bolt, it couldn't be anodised as it is steel so this got cleaned, sanded and sprayed black, the brake bosses also got the same treatment.
I got everything mounted on the frame, really happy with how its taking shape :D

what do you think? also last night I went back up the shed to sort out my rear mech, I stripped it down, polished up the bare metal, and replaced the jockey wheel and mounting bolts with new gold srp ones. I think it looks great fitted to the frame, il post up a picture once ive took one.

That's a nice amount of gold on the frame, really sets it off :)

I bet you can't wait to get on it and ride :D

Rich

Back