my pace rc200 refurb rebuild

Not really a lot been going on, im skint at the mo, and with Christmas just around the corner I haven't really got any spare cash to spend on it. Plus my shed is on its last legs and my bikes are getting damp in there so ive decided to make a new one, so this has been taking up most off my time.
But since I last updated I have managed to get a few bits ready for the build, mostly nos and some with slight use.
Some very nice NOS mavic 217 sunsets,
NOS srp bolts for rear mech, chanirings and bottle bosses,
NOS XT 737 braze on front meck
New panaracer smoke tyre
RC45 stem
XT 737 rear mech
NOS XT sharkfin

Cant wait to build these rims up, im thinking of doing straight pull lacing on the front and the straight pull on the non drive side on the rear, and 3 cross on the drive side, probably black spokes, but still really unsure on what hubs to use??

Lovely frame, my favourite of the RC200's, a friend had one which is why I am so fond of these dark ano ones with the pearlescent stickers.

So glad you didnt polish it, that would be a monumental sin.

Wheels look ace, I can recommend Hope hubs, or if you can source them, go Pace, carbon front and silver rear, they're luuuvly :)

I'm watching a carbon pace one at the mo on ebay, I've never seen a rear one, would be nice though. Do you know if they were made in 36h??

Hi mate, I wouldn't be surprised, the original front and rear hubs came out around 1990, the rear was similar in style to the Bullseye hub of the same era, perhaps a little too old for this build, but if your not too worried, they'd look ace

I'm looking to buy a bottom bracket this month when I'm paid, but I'm unsure as to what size I need? Does anyone know?

I don't see a mention of which chain set you are going to use.
Which is needed first before you work out your bottom bracket length.
Shell width, just measure it.

I don't see a mention of which chain set you are going to use.
Which is needed first before you work out your bottom bracket length.
Shell width, just measure it.

Back