my drop off hell

Oh, good lord, that's not me. Y'see that bloke who half-bottles it at the big dropoff and either loops it totally, followed by sliding down on his arse, or fails / forgets to manual then OTBs on landing? That's me, that is.

Re:

Pace forks are more a device for softening the blows like a flexstem
Not really a suspension fork maybe that's the problem.

Re:

Manuel is que?

Sorry! ;)

Those 60 second guides are great – I'm itching to try some of those out in the car park at work...

Attachments

• manuel.jpg
    manuel.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 400
Thanks everyone for your replies and advice.

My conclusion is that the accident was a combination of problems. The bike itself fits me and my riding style very well, 99.5% of the time, and it's a joy to ride. However, I also feel it's true that the bike is too small for me, not perhaps in the sense of a frame being too small, but that 26 wheels make for too small a bike for someone of my height (6'4"), even if I raise the bars even higher than they are at present. My centre of mass will still always be high enough above the front axle to make me prone to toppling forwards on steep descents.

Looking at my riding position in a few photos, my upper body is quite stretched out (but not entirely 'superman position'), so perhaps with a shorter stem I'd have more room to shift my weight back on the drops.

But ultimately, I think I'm going to have to go for a larger wheeled bike, at some point.

577562d1288817909-waltworks-36er-review-introduction-36er-walt.jpg

ultrazenith":2x17xqan said:
Thanks everyone for your replies and advice.

My conclusion is that the accident was a combination of problems. The bike itself fits me and my riding style very well, 99.5% of the time, and it's a joy to ride. However, I also feel it's true that the bike is too small for me, not perhaps in the sense of a frame being too small, but that 26 wheels make for too small a bike for someone of my height (6'4"), even if I raise the bars even higher than they are at present. My centre of mass will still always be high enough above the front axle to make me prone to toppling forwards on steep descents.

Looking at my riding position in a few photos, my upper body is quite stretched out (but not entirely 'superman position'), so perhaps with a shorter stem I'd have more room to shift my weight back on the drops.

But ultimately, I think I'm going to have to go for a larger wheeled bike, at some point.

577562d1288817909-waltworks-36er-review-introduction-36er-walt.jpg

Exactly! Hence my switch. Weight much further back. Nice frame though.

653cf422bf8fa1fb7f8e5cebbdeca92a_zpse4384239.jpg

I met Geoffrey? At mayhem.

It's a rescue car crash attempted Border. Got three and a lab.

Re:

You could of course sell the frame to me. No more otb issues then ;)

Mike

Back