My Diet - some advice needed

Re: Re:

highlandsflyer":3ly9aau2 said:
My wife won't go a day without a run. Whatever the weather, no matter how much is on.

Think about how active you are, and work out how to increase. Try to integrate more activity into your daily life, rather than scheduling gym time or specific 'rides' or whatever. Even stuck in an office it is surprising how many ways you can change your day to accommodate more activity.

Get a mistress.

The sex won't burn many more calories, but the worry and stress will see the pounds fly off; and then there is the running from the angry wife.

Well done by the way, 2 stone is a serious load to shed!
There's a very good point in there, that resonates with me, and I also thing it's something of a significant factor to people as they age.

Try and find excuses to be more active, than less. Modern life has many jumping in cars to go around the corner. Use the stairs rather than lifts or escalators when you can. Park further from the supermarket door. If you use the bus, get off a stop earlier. If you're going to buy some groceries, consider whether it's near enough to walk and whether you're getting anything that heavy. If you're going to the corner shop, walk. If you're taking the kids to school and it's not that far, walk - it'd be a better start of the day for them too.

As people age, they naturally slow down a bit, and gravitate towards the easier, path of least resistance. So fight back, use every excuse to do the more active alternative. Good habits can be encouraged too, it just takes a little bit of will and effort.

and meat based products..............................................

Attachments

• melton-pork-pie.jpg
    melton-pork-pie.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 215
Build up a bike you're not shy about leaving outside. Fit a rack/pannier to it.

Ride it to the shops.
Ride it to the pub
Ride it round to mates houses.

Re:

Build up a bike you're not shy about leaving outside. Fit a rack/pannier to it.

Sell the car.
Ride it everywhere.

:D

Thanks all, i did not expect such a good response. My diet consisted of not eating -
white bread
crisps
cheese
no sugar added to anything
milk chocolate (i had plain chilli choc if i fancied a bit)
none of my daughter's sweets
no Coke etc (only Coke Zero)

I am working on portion size and exercise - 90 mins of bloody hard squash today and then i cut three lawns.

To keep me sane, I decided that if i was having a drink (beer etc), I would eat crisps IF i wanted them and this worked for me - like a treat. And that is not to say i had crisps with every beer.

Sleep and regular eating is difficult due to my shifts - i worked 72 hours this week (all nights) and next month i am working 17 days out of the first 20 - all 12 hour shifts so eating and sleeping at regular times is not possible - but i manage - worst thing recently was food at 4pm having been up since 5 am - i was chewing my fingers!

I think the - eat small and often is the way to go but with shifts this is not always possible.

Thanks all, and a special thanks to Mr History for the sad violin music - it got a smile from my old, craggy face! LOL

Richard

Re:

Skip/jog with an imaginary rope for 3 mins x 3 a day (whats the point of folk stood looking at a kettle to boil)..yeah i know it don't sound much but it's sustainable and allows extensions and wont make you any fatter..all else being equal.

If you've got a dog...turn the last leg of the walk home into a jog..start the jog further from home in increments over howerer long you're comfortable with, slowly and in your own time transposing the dogs walk into the dogs jog.

Re:

I just have to keep riding my bike to stay at a decent weight , as my diet is not good .
Neither drink nor smoke , I'm a veggie , and if I eat too much fruit in a day , there are repercussions :oops: Not good in the confines of my truck , even with the windows open :LOL: :LOL:
Biscuits are my achilles heel , can't resist .
Always have breakfast , toast , as cereal would sit on my stomach , not nice when I ride to work . Although porridge - no toppings - is ok and makes me feel full for longer .
Tried drinking water , fills me up , but then I spend the afternoon watering my truck tyres ! :shock: :facepalm: :LOL:
Don't know what to do :(
After all that , it must be time for a biscuit :p

Mike

Re:

Its very hard to excercise more and eat less, at least I find it so. Loads of
cycling makes me starving! Any ideas how to deal with that?
And eating loads of fruit doesn't really fill me up, and too much causes the digestive problems mentioned by MikeMuz.
The only thing which shifted my pot belly was 4 weeks of gastroenteritis!

Back