My abense, trading issues and im back

Pete

Retro Guru
Hi Everyone.

I've had a few e-mails from Simon (sorry not sure of his forum name). Luckly my brother has been here to help.

As some may know, me and the wife split up, it was not pretty. The kinda thing you hear on TV or read in the sun paper. It's really taken it's toll as we have a 6 year old disabled son together.

I went out one day for a ride on my motorbike of which was all going fine and well. I was on my way down to Plymouth to see some old friends. On my way there i was knocked off and that was that. I only have some memory of getting on the M5 South from J19 where i live and passing WSM then thats it.

I've broken both my legs, have a fractured arm, dislocated my right hip, and i was out cold and they kept me out for a few days. I'd smashed my nogging up pretty bad. I don't even remeber the crash. Sadly my best friend Luke who was ridding with me has a camera on his bike which caught it all. My bike is writen off and lucky im not! The video is scary.

Im glad i spent some mega bucks on my kit. The day i took my test i was told what you wear is all that will keep you safe. I could be dead, perhaps i should be maybe id be better of being.

In talking to Simon via my brother i was hoping to be here sooner. I've had a few highs and lows past few days which have delayed me being here but i am doing it now. I made a plan to get on here 1st thing today.

I've seen my son which was hard as i couldn't pick him up, he has Quadrpledic CP so his mother had to hand him on me, not easy with legs in plaster and an arm.

I also had no memoery of me and her splitting up. My friends and brother had to tell me this. Reminding me what happend. That alone has been a big setback for me. However im getting around it but were talking and i see my son every day now. It's odd as im still in love with her and keep thinking were togther still and living together but were not. She also looks different too me and i can't tell why. Despite everyone reminding me were not together.

This is an odd one for me to write but i am not me, im me but not me. Everyone here has said im acting differently and not my self. Docs says its to do with my brain fixing its self. Im happy and sad, i remeber little things. Scary thing is right now im remebering all my childhood stuff like it was tomorrow.

I was a smoker and now im not, i hate the smell (my brother smokes) and i've been rather agressive about it. I duno anything of this, it happens and i forget.

Everything im doing, done, to be done i have to write it down incase.

Right enough about me.

I know i was tradding with 2 lads, i've got some mails and pm's from you.

I will sort through these right now (well soon as i post this) and get it resolved by the end of this week all done and dusted.

Im sorry for the delays all round and will sort it and amend any problems.

I ask if everyone can just bear with me in any dealing we had, have etc. PM me if anything is wrong or mail me.

Im not sure where or what i do now. There is a house full of friends looking after me and im not use to it.

I shall try and visit this topic as much as i can

Pete

OK Pete - thanks for filling us in. Communication will be the key here now - I'm sure your buyers will be happy to give you a bit of slack knowing the story now - but keep them informed.

Hope you get on the mend soon.

cheers

Have PM'd replys to all that have sent, it looks just to be 2 memebers i had trades with.

Im awaiting there replys.

Thankfully i kept a lot of my PM's so i can read over stuff.

All the best for the recovery, sounds like you have a tough journey to go through but I'm sure your friends and family will help you through.

Best of luck mate, that sounds horrendous, just stay positive, you'll mend it just takes time.

Also be thankful it stopped you smoking, don't ever start again. It's so damn hard to quit.

Good luck.

sorry to hear all that. hope things get better for you soon.

Hi Pete.. :)

I've had a few e-mails from Simon (sorry not sure of his forum name)

That'll be me fella ;) :)

Many thanks for getting in touch and letting us know what has happened,, :)

Really sorry to hear about that, and myself and no doubt everyone on here wish you all the best for recovery and getting things sorted out.. :) ;) take it easy and one day at a time chap.. :)

If there is anything we can do to help just shout,, we're normally a friendly bunch.. :)

As Ed (orange71) has said communication will be the key .. ;):)

Keep everyone posted chap.. ;)

Take it easy and once again Wishing you a speedy recovery.. :)

Si

My best wishes to ye and speedy recovery...............plus side is is that you've used up all yer bad luck for the next decade or so!!

Cheers,
Dav

Back