Muddy Fox or Ammaco.....What is This.....???

We_are_Stevo":l7wdutoz said:
It will be interesting to see if there is actually a cable stop for the rear brake because I wouldn't be surprised if it originally ran canti's via a Kona-style 'dog-collar?' After all, it does have a canti-hanger fork...

...of course, I could be talking complete b*ll*cks as usual! :LOL:

It does have a cable stop for rear brake, and the cabling that I removed had V noodle attached.

I'm not sure how dog collar type guide would attach due to tube configuration at the seat tube - seat stay interface??

The rear bosses for brakes have 3 holes implying cantis can be used?

Scoured the net and can't find much info.....it does seem to be a nice frame so just going to crack on and build it :D

Some frames ran a hanger that dangled from the seat post bolt, I've a ridgeback and clockwork with this style, also on various other bikes like alpine stars.

Did you weigh the frame? That will be the best indicator if its any good!

That Red Monarch looks a real nice frame.

p3tester":purcxgfx said:
On kitchen scales just a tad under 1900g....

Sounds like its worth getting refinished and built up then! Will be made of nice tubing at that weight.

Looks like you got a bargain. Wonder how it ended up with BSO decals and components.

That's to fit on a steerer tube. The cable will exit at 90 degrees's to the seatpost. So perfect for a front mech but not really going to work with a rear brake :)

Rampage":1c63osrm said:
That's to fit on a steerer tube. The cable will exit at 90 degrees's to the seatpost. So perfect for a front mech but not really going to work with a rear brake :)

Yes, I know, but I couldn't find a listing for the seat post hanger; and the seat clamp version wouldn't fit...

...unless he ground off the integral fitting for the bolt? :?

Back