Mrazek Boh SS single speed - seeking info on this model, and/or general Mrazek info.

jimmythefly

Dirt Disciple
My main question is if this was a model in their catalog, or was more of a special factory-request sort of thing?

I picked up this bike recently and I'm trying to track down some more information about it. I don't actually know if the model name is "Boh SS", that's just what I'm calling it for the time being. It seems to be roughly a medium size, between a 17 or 18 depending on how you measure.

I have found pics of at least one other SS Mrazek online, so at the very least this isn't a one-off custom.
There is currently a 1998 catalog on eBay, which doesn't have this model. That catalog talks about how the brand came to be, manufacturing in the Czech Republic, customer service team in Bend, Oregon, etc.

So far I have not found a serial number, but the finish is pretty thick so it could be under there somewhere.
Pics are as I received it.

Attachments

• Mrazek SS.jpg
    Mrazek SS.jpg
    535.5 KB · Views: 13
  • Mrazek SS track end.jpg
    Mrazek SS track end.jpg
    352.4 KB · Views: 13
Hi, not sure if my answer is helpful, but at least it get this post to the top of the list again and others my notice it too.

Nice bike, and I always was looking a bit to get once a Mrazek bike too.

With regards to your question, I think that there was never a greater volume of bikes from Mrazek produced and sold, to me they may never have been to real serial production, but bikes may have been rather bespoken builds, including the frame itself. With that the catalog is rather showing some examples as available options.

The drop-out at yours look interesting.

I thought for a moment that this is their default design and the construction is also allowing to add a extra derailleur hanger.
But i think it's still specific to SSP.
The pic below should show a bike with regular dropouts but without derailleur hanger:
Mrazek ausfallenden.jpg

with regards to Mrazek itself, you may have seen the info of the 98 brochure, it's a nice write-up of the story of Buhumil Mrazek and his bikes.
Mrazek 1998 2.jpg

There is not much more documenation around, mostly just some more pics

Earlier Hardtails
Mrazek BOH FX 1997.jpg

Later full suspension bikes
Mrazek BOH FS 1999 b.jpg

Always with this bow design.

Nice components, in particular the early V-Brakes are great:
Mrazek MOC v-brakes.jpg

there was recently a Mrazek bike with Cannondale Headshock / Fatty on sale, maybe also an intresting one-off:
Mrazek mit Headshock ebay.jpg

Back