Mavic Reflex Rims: History, Models, and Information

gounthar

Old School Hero
Hello there, đź‘‹

I recently stumbled upon a set of wheels (that I bought thanks to this forum) featuring Reflex blue anodized rims and I must say they are absolutely stunning. Prior to this, I had been using Rigida rims with ceramic coating, but the Reflex rims caught my attention.

Ever since discovering these beautiful Reflex rims, I have been on the hunt for other Mavic Reflex wheels or rims to equip another bike. However, I have come across various versions that don't quite match the aesthetic appeal of the ones I initially found.

I'm curious to know if the "Reflex" model has been used over the years with different finishing options. Are there specific characteristics or variations I should be aware of? I have tried searching for a catalog or a clear explanation of the Mavic Reflex model, but unfortunately, I haven't found much information on the Mavic website.

If any of you have insights or can provide a pointer to a catalog or a detailed explanation of the Mavic Reflex model, I would greatly appreciate it. I'm eager to learn more about the history and different models associated with the Reflex rims.

Thank you in advance for your assistance.
1686243463322.png

There were different finishes available, I have seen standard silver, CD, burnt orange, blue, grey anodised... The earlier ones (90's) were clinchers, then some time in the early 00's the reflex became a tub rim and the clincher version was renamed Open SUP and then became the Open Pro
Your best bet is to look for the old Mavic catalogues, there are probably some in the archive section, but I think some of the finishes were only available for a short time and sometimes as a special edition for a particular bike manufacturer so might be hard to find info on.

Back