Mr Shred says get the Funk outta here..

Re:

Well i gathered all the parts together today to make sure i hadn't lost anything amongst the mess,surprisingly i hadn't :) So let's start the build then,(as Raiden says about time :LOL: )

Firstly i thought i'd try the parts out to get a feel for the bike and what needs to be done,there's a couple of pictures below in its first build state today.

So the plans then,the forks came off a early Clockwork but are Tange chromoly have the eyelets at the drop outs like they are in the catalogue but the steerer is slightly to long. I'll probably cut them down or if anyone has the same forks with a shorter steerer and would like to swap,that would be even better. Parts wise,i have the full m-730 Deore XT 6-speed groupset,some are nos some need a good clean and polish. I managed to get some nos XT hubs so the RM 20's will be taking back to Steels and rebuilt. That's a suntour seatpost on it as per catalogue spec but it certainly needs changing for a much better condition one,got the hite rite aswell. Other parts needed,i need some Cannondale bars and yes they will be white when it's finished :LOL: and some foam grab on grips. White mt-christophe leather toe straps,check.. Tyres,we'll see when i get to that part but obviously would like it to be irc's.
Now we get to the part which brings me out in a cold sweat,it really needs a respray,partly because of the forks but overall it needs to look fresh again. Reason why it brings me out in a cold sweat is the thought of losing the hand painted graphics. I'm a bit of a stickler for trying to keep the originality of a bike that's why i never respray any of my splatter paint konas. After speaking to Gio regarding using Argos to do the job,they seem the best by far to use. I'll be asking them if they can save those graphics and respray around them,here's hoping or should that be praying :LOL: Also i'll be needing some replacement Cannondale stickers done so i can send them with the frame when it go's for painting.

Well that's the plan for it then,i'm finally going to have another of my dream bikes as a kid up and running to go with the other two,the 89 Team Stumpjumper and of course the 89 splatter paint Explosif,it'll be nice to get a photo of the three together. If your around my age ie 40 you'll probably understand when i say those three were my dream bikes as a kid.

So it's bye bye Funk,hello Mr Shred and let's see if it lives upto that bold claim of "the best mountain bike in the world" Cannondale made in there advertising of the SM1000,i'm looking forward to finding out :D

Attachments

• IMAG0529_1.jpg
    IMAG0529_1.jpg
    268.3 KB · Views: 390
  • IMAG0531_1.jpg
    IMAG0531_1.jpg
    211.3 KB · Views: 390
  • IMAG0526_1.jpg
    IMAG0526_1.jpg
    218.7 KB · Views: 390
  • IMAG0527_1.jpg
    IMAG0527_1.jpg
    248.8 KB · Views: 390
  • IMAG0544_2.jpg
    IMAG0544_2.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 390
  • IMAG0539_1.jpg
    IMAG0539_1.jpg
    366.5 KB · Views: 390
  • IMAG0541_1.jpg
    IMAG0541_1.jpg
    146.6 KB · Views: 390
  • IMAG0534_1.jpg
    IMAG0534_1.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 390
Re:

Brilliant mate, so glad it's been bumped up the queue. I shall enjoy this one and try and get my 89 done before you finish it :LOL:

Re:

I just got the same frame in the mail yesterday. It is pretty beat up, but it will be fun to restore. It is fun looking at your progress.

Re: Re:

ez054098":35zkehah said:
I just got the same frame in the mail yesterday. It is pretty beat up, but it will be fun to restore. It is fun looking at your progress.

Nice one,by any chance has yours got anything written underneath the Cannondale sticker on the top tube. In the catalogue it has but the bike mbuk tested it hasn't and nor has mine,love to know what it says.

Re:

Some of the parts i've gathered.

Attachments

• IMAG0565_1.jpg
    IMAG0565_1.jpg
    187 KB · Views: 343
  • IMAG0566_1.jpg
    IMAG0566_1.jpg
    214.1 KB · Views: 343
  • IMAG0567_1_1.jpg
    IMAG0567_1_1.jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 343