KHS Montana Comp Build

I had the Montana Pro in the colour above and wrote the frame off in 93 or thereabouts. Replaced with orange clockwork frame and regretted that. There should be a titanium bolt holding the seat post it is still in the Orange.
Looks like you got a beauty there

I wish someone would reproduse the KHS race proven in the USA chainstay cover

so many are damaged on these bikes now including mine lol Yours looks like brand new lol. So good

I had the Montana Pro in the colour above and wrote the frame off in 93 or thereabouts. Replaced with orange clockwork frame and regretted that. There should be a titanium bolt holding the seat post it is still in the Orange.
Looks like you got a beauty there
Cheers! got any photos of that Ti bolt? I'd be interested to see it as I'm not so keen on this one, not sure where it came from either.

update - discovered it's the original clamp that comes with the comp spec bike.
276A2124-2.jpg

Last edited:
I had that bike in that size. Actually the pro model. The 72 degree head angle coupled w/ very short wheelbase made for interesting handling once you descend steep technical trails. An 80mm/100mm susp fork would work wonders on that frame

I had that bike in that size. Actually the pro model. The 72 degree head angle coupled w/ very short wheelbase made for interesting handling once you descend steep technical trails. An 80mm/100mm susp fork would work wonders on that frame
Yes, front suspension defo on the cards for this one!

I fitted the silver Zoom 130s, turns out the original 170s were a fair bit wider, so the bike feels a bit different but in a good way.
I was a bit concerned that the silver stem and bars would be too much, but actually it looks pretty cool.

Since I was changing the handlebars I figured now was a good time to try these M563 brifters out too, which are more inkeeping with the original bike.

276A2119-2.jpg

the original Comp had M560s, I think these are basically the same except they have the added gear display window thingy's set above the handlebars.

276A2121-2.jpg

It's all working very nicely together now, I'll keep an eye out for various bits and bobs,
I'll get some front suspension sorted fairly soon, but it's time to start riding!

20220725_172608.jpg

Latest posts

Back