Mountain Cycle MOHO 1995 (all-NOS project)

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
So couple years back i was thinking..
And questions started coming my way.
Whats the point of all this?
Why am i doing this?
Where am i going with all of it?
What about after??!!

So i imagined how the bike is finished. I visualised the end and started to fear it.
I imagined the emptiness, darkness and realised that its all about building.. Not actually about finishing.
Its about that process, about that all those possibilities that one can dream about. All those exciting possible mixes of components would disappear the moment bike would start to shape its final form..
So in not doing that mistake of finishing it.
I can see all you guys.. I see clearly how you don't know what to do with those finished bikes. I can see the despair and sadness that makes you sell or disassemble in the end. I Cannot do it to my dream bike.. :))))

Re:

Fir play to you for sticking at it and getting the best bits.

For me bikes are made to ride, even if it is only on that one day with perfect weather so you don't ruin it. There is no use having a dream bike in pieces if you cannot appreciate how it rides.

I say build it ride it, clean it and appreciate it in all its glory, you can't take it with you when you are gone so what the heck!

CAPIN":cxww7bt1 said:
:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
So couple years back i was thinking..
And questions started coming my way.
Whats the point of all this?
Why am i doing this?
Where am i going with all of it?
What about after??!!

So i imagined how the bike is finished. I visualised the end and started to fear it.
I imagined the emptiness, darkness and realised that its all about building.. Not actually about finishing.
Its about that process, about that all those possibilities that one can dream about. All those exciting possible mixes of components would disappear the moment bike would start to shape its final form..
So in not doing that mistake of finishing it.
I can see all you guys.. I see clearly how you don't know what to do with those finished bikes. I can see the despair and sadness that makes you sell or disassemble in the end. I Cannot do it to my dream bike.. :))))

When you get to the end, you start the next NOS project! :LOL:
Seriously dude, I have 6 years of my life invested in this build - it's all about the journey sure but you owe it to your followers! ;)

A little build motivation from California 😁
How is the build going?
Built new in 1997, still have it.
Thinking about putting my Dorado SC on it.

Attachments

• 68896F9E-0FA5-4256-8513-25877F036C0E.jpeg
    68896F9E-0FA5-4256-8513-25877F036C0E.jpeg
    542.4 KB · Views: 32
  • 57AEACC2-C3D7-489E-8208-558E1D6D130A.jpeg
    57AEACC2-C3D7-489E-8208-558E1D6D130A.jpeg
    567.8 KB · Views: 24
  • 04912E73-DC7A-4DBE-9B0B-E429959ACD43.jpeg
    04912E73-DC7A-4DBE-9B0B-E429959ACD43.jpeg
    149.6 KB · Views: 30
  • B840A87C-0FD7-4A0B-B819-B8030935FB26.jpeg
    B840A87C-0FD7-4A0B-B819-B8030935FB26.jpeg
    504.6 KB · Views: 31
A little build motivation from California 😁
How is the build going?
Built new in 1997, still have it.
Thinking about putting my Dorado SC on it.
Peak 90's for me this. I loved the forks but found them a bit unnerving when cornering - how are the disc brakes? Always fancied those.

Peak 90's for me this. I loved the forks but found them a bit unnerving when cornering - how are the disc brakes? Always fancied those.
They don’t work like modern brakes.
But neither do I
The rarity and looks make them totally worth it.
Besides, they have been on there since 1998

C'mon now @CAPIN pull your finger out & get it built, photographed, ridden, tuned & cleaned. All well & good having a "never meet your heroes" attitude but then one day you'll look back and wish you had, wonder why you didn't & what the dream bike would have felt like.

Back