Mountain biking vs. road biking - physiological differences etc.

I think the question was originally asked by a human but I'm not sure that it was this time. It's a duplicate of the opening post here: https://www.mtbr.com/threads/mountain-biking-vs-road-biking-physiological-differences-etc.971083/.

Cant believe you found that out 😲

Could well be AI as I said, though a friend who took her Masters in Sports Psychology asked an almost identical question on a climbing forum and it has been asked again a couple of times at least on the same forum by later students. Maybe a template passed around the courses from year to year?

Cant believe you found that out 😲

Could well be AI as I said, though a friend who took her Masters in Sports Psychology asked an almost identical question on a climbing forum and it has been asked again a couple of times at least on the same forum by later students. Maybe a template passed around the courses from year to year?
That is a very sobering insight. It shows how much the internet is used to fire random questions at, as if it were an artificial intelligence. Its also very cold and disturbing in a way.

Last edited:
The fact that the question asked here copies exactly the same punctuation as the MTBR question makes me suspicious: 'vs.' with the dot, 'Do you ride both mountain bikes and road bikes.' without a question mark. As does the lack of follow-up questions.

Then there's the mix of questions: one about physiology and one about the social psychology of group rides. Undergraduate studies tend to be more compartmentalised. And if you're studying physiology for a sports science degree, you'd be looking at journal articles and academic research; the opinions of folk on a forum don't count for much. All that's going to be generated on a forum is anecdotal evidence, perhaps a good quote, or perhaps an idea for a survey might be generated, but the question has been asked before so the value of asking it again is, itself, questionable.

The opening post might have been a genuine query by a sports science student but, equally, if it was a computer science student behind it, I would not be surprised.

Reactions: Woz
There was another post on page 5 of this thread by one 'Nebowilliam', a post with a link in it. Like the opening post, it's a new user, only one post and none since. That post sounded like spam, and the opening post on this thread seemed unusual. A couple of minutes of Googling reveals this: http://forums.teamestrogen.com/showthread.php?t=209175. That's a duplicate copy of the opening post here and a duplicate copy of the post on this thread by 'Nebowilliam' (with the link that's inadvisable to click on). I guess, then, that it's a form of spam infiltration that's more sophisticated than the fifteen separate posts for cannabis and 'Asian babes' type. Something didn't smell right about this thread from the start and it's the smell of spam.

Stunk of Spam or AI from the get go which is why I used AI to generate an answer.

Hopefully using AI to generate answers to AI generated questions will create some sort of loop where the AI answers the question before asking it and leaves us alone! 😂

Back