Motorcyclist hits cyclist, then blames the cyclist.

Re:

Is it illegal to use a mobile phone whilst riding a pushbike on a busy mainroad? If not why not?
I haven't watched the video and i'm in no way trying to point the finger at the cyclist, but its pretty bloody stupid.

i'd have thought if you smacked someone on a pedestrian crossing (other than them running/springing an appearance on ya) you'd be well culpable. The motorbike rider (more luck than judgment) was fortunate the cyclist run out of cycle lane just prior to the winger, hitting someone in a cycle lane on a ped crossing dont sound a bonny arguement to try and win. Seen drivers full of spite and jealousy cause me oppo had passed thier stationary car no handed, in a cycle lane...they were lining up the motorbike caper till i winded me oppo.

Chopper1192":3oj0b07q said:
I don't think he deserved it. Conversely, I don't think he's in any moral position to complain. He acted like a tit, can't really grumble when someone else also does.
I'm going with Hanlon's razor: "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity." for the cyclist.

For the motorcyclist, as stands, I'm going with malice aforethought. My opinion - he already has form for dislike of cyclists, he clocked the cyclist using a mobile (yes, stupid - we'd all roundly criticise drivers for the same, even accepting they probably pose more risk), and my theory is, he thought he'd found his huckleberry.

Now whilst the cyclist maybe only slightly uphill on the moral highground, than the motorcyclist, the objective observer can grumble - one was stupid, the other one, either actively dangerous and belligerent, or worse - possibly lined up the cyclist because of the mobile.

Re:

The guy's name is <removed by mod> here's his LinkedIn profile (whatever that is) <removed by mod>

Apparently he's got previous for riding into cyclists...so let him know what you think

KDM":32rt6d86 said:
I have absolutely no sympathy with the cyclist. Operate a vehicle/bike etc on a road, even more so busy city roads whilst using a mobile then you deserve everything you get. Mobiles and roads do not mix whatever your in/on.
I'd like to know how many riders on this thread own a garmin sat-nav type device and pee about with it constantly as you ride along!
In my eyes these devices are just as bad as the mobile phone.

Re:

Saw a cyclist on a ten foot high unicycle juggling skittles the other day. He was just asking to be knocked off his bike, and in fact one of the other clowns did just that.

Re: Re:

Retro Cat":ai64vmfq said:
The guy's name is <removed by mod> here's his LinkedIn profile (whatever that is) <removed by mod>

Apparently he's got previous for riding into cyclists...so let him know what you think

Really???? We have now become a site that posts peoples personal details and encourages others to hunt down and abuse them in real life?

I pressume you will also be posting within your social justice warrior role, the cyclists information also so we can let them know our opinion on mobiles in use on the road?

Trying to organize campaigns of mass hate saddens me. Even more so it has happened on this forum.

Back