Motorcyclist hits cyclist, then blames the cyclist.

Chopper1192":1x6j7kh1 said:
Sorry Konatime, if you really my first post again I never suggested the cyclist being on the blower either caused or contributed to the incident. My observation is on the morality of bad behaviour, not the physical manifestation - someone behaving like a chump on a bicycle who complains about the actions of a chump on a motorbike, is still a chump on a bicycle.

Chump on motorbike could've killed chump on push bike

Motorcyclist comes across as a playground bully

Ah, but he didn't pull the same stroke on an artic, did he? Inventing a scenario that did not occur doesn't make our cycling hero any less silly, does it?

I like Mr Flyers licence losing suggestion. I'd also crush the motorbike and send the bloke the bill for its disposal.

Chump on motorbike could've killed chump on bicycle, but he didn't. When this happens, I'm sure we'll be discussing it, but it didn't. But even if he had (and I thank God he did not) it doesn't make the cyclists actions any less daft, does it? There's no law of either man or science that says if you're doing something a bit daft, and harm befalls you because someone else was being daft, that the first persons actions were any less Ill advised. Make no mistake, the motorcyclist was an idiot, but the cyclists own actions were hardly those of a sensible adult either.

Chopper1192 said:
Ah, but he didn't pull the same stroke on an artic, did he? Inventing a scenario that did not occur doesn't make our cycling hero any less silly, does it?

No it does'nt....it begs the follow-on question from a copper to the motorcycle rider ...'why did you hit the Loon in the empty motorway/artic/cyclist exactly...me olde mucka? Which...is not easilly answered without incrimenating oneself into a due care and attention.

Dunno, but you may have noticed I wasn't that copper, but then 'due care and attention' hasn't been around for 2 decades either. In any case I know better thant technically interview a suspect at a roadside without cautioning them and offering them free an independent legal advice.

The more I watch that the more I think th motorcyclist did that deliberately, as opposed attempting an I'll advised manoeuvre. I also think more and more that the cyclist was mad to to be on his phone in heavy traffic, riding one handed while simultaneously gripping bars and other glove in said hand, in heavy traffic in a badly designed afterthought of a.cycle.lane, over a pedestrian crossing about to tune res, having come off he still had his right glove.in his left hand, indicating a.better grip on this garment than the bicycle. He didn't deserved to be wiped out like that, but tchê fairy godmother that dishes out Irony wasworking overtime.

While not the most sensible thing to do in heavy traffic talking on your mobile while cycling is NOT illegal.

Re:

i saw the whole of the original vid a day or so ago, the argument they had with the cop was quite incredible really, and i have to say the WPC in the original vid was pretty poor, all she did was grumble at the cyclist about the phone regardless of the fact that the cyclist said "he hit me" which should have begged the question "is that true sir?" to the motorbiker and that comment never came.

the way i see it is:-

cyclist on the phone = idiot, but other than that he wasn't doing anything else wrong, if he had not been on the phone he would still have been in the same position to be hit, the fact he was on the phone unfortunately gave the motorbike rider an excuse to berate him.

the motorbike rider = complete asshat, he was riding in the cycle lane (legal?) and catching up to a cyclist, he should have braked, waited behind him and then rolled back in to the traffic to his left to undertake him in the correct lane, that said he obviously has not got very good spacial awareness as it was so obvious that he couldn't fit through the gap way before he hit the guy. regardless of the cyclist being on the phone the motorbike rider hit the cyclist, the cyclist did not hit the motorbike.

the fact that the motorbike rider put the footage online, presumably to show how cyclists are idiots, has realised that actually he is the idiot in this situation, apparently the motorbike rider has removed the footage (although downloaded by others before this) and we can only assume that this was because he was told several thousand times that he was the idiot.

FYI, i ride bikes and motorbikes, i usually try to see both sides, in this case the motorbike rider is by far the bigger numpty.

I think we all agree the mobile to the ear whilst cycling is not best practise.

It is, by far, the least problematic behaviour in evidence.

Years of working as a cycle courier and motorcycle courier in London lends me nothing but disdain for that motorbike thug.

They lacked the skill to operate in the zone they were inhabiting.

They were attempting to overtake a car in that lane, whilst the adjacent lane was clearly occupied.

I think the whole cyclist on the phone thing is a red herring.

It is a fact, but nothing of importance relative to what could have happened.

Re:

on a moby in the middle of London ;may aswell be high on drugs'
you need your wits about you and to be whiter than white
its a dog eat dog world and the ducati guy got away with it.
afraid he gets no sympathy from me being on a phone the p;;;;

Back