Merlin malt- Frame change GT avalanche 1.0

Re:

You'll need at least a 180mm front disc as i think the 160mm wouldn't be enough. They are very good to be fair they do seem to need adjustment quite a lot like if you remove a wheel which is annoying.
But they are very powerfull and no worries about leaking seals and fluid getting on the pads which i have read a lot about hydraulics.

I actually have merlin stickers now not original but will look better!

Re:

Sounds good, thanks for the info. I think the Merlin decals will look better too. Bet it is a fun ride and pretty quick.

Re:

I love it now I'm running discs they give you so much confidence to go faster cause you know you can stop reliably. I love the rigid simplicity and its not as harsh as you'd think and what you put in you get out!

I'll add pic's of the new stickers and after the repolish waiting on one sticker.

Re: Merlin Sort Of Kula (Cough) build thread!

Sadly I had to let the Kilauea go but kept the pahoehoe. It's nearly built so photos soon but it looks rough! I'll see how it rides then consider a powder coat and a custom look. I wanted to polish it as yours but waaaaay too much effort for me.

Re:

Frame polished again, New decals applied, New deore shadow derailleur and New shifters and brake levers had to go for alivio as that's all the budget could afford! Would of liked deore but hey ho. Will add pic's soon

Re: Merlin malt build thread! New Decals!

Nice work mate ;) and i'm looking forward to your next update as eager to see some clearer pics and i'm most certainly interested in your opinion on the quality of the Alivio once you've fitted it and tried it
out and by the way i'm well jealous of you being that close to the Malverns as i always wanted to go there back in the late 80's but fell into the trap of going out with the lads getting sozzled !! .

Re:

Here's the pics let me know if they're clear or not they were taken on my tablet.

Looks alot cleaner on the handle bars now! Cut the flanges off the grips, alivio shifters and v brakes are all in one new off ebay £22 just a shame the logo is so big :LOL: Deore derailleur seems pretty sweet!

A red Charge spoon is winging its way to me now as well from ribble cycles £20 delivered :cool:

Re:

Haven't managed to have a proper ride on it yet so can't really say much for the alivio yet but i can't see they will be that bad. They have the two way release and you can shift three gears up in one go on the thumb shifter!

It is good being near malvern although the actual hills are quite busy with walkers. I usually go with a friend more towards eastnor castle.

Re: Merlin malt build thread! New Decals!

The daylight isn't brilliant which doesn't help show everything up in the details which isn't your fault but the picture quality is a hell of alot better using the tablet and i can see alot more detail than i could before so thanks for that as i can appreciate the good looks of your bike now mate ;) .

Those Alivio brakes n shifters look pretty trick for the price and i'm loving the idea of being able to change 3 gears in one click :cool: and the grips look ton's better without the flange on plus the flange always seems pointless on an adults bike imho so yes you'll have to give the bike a proper test ride to see how the new Alivio works out but just looking at it i get the impression it will be money well spent and the new saddle should look pretty sweet when it's on the bike but i think you may find it needs a little more red in the crank area to to balance the colour out a bit more but that's your choice depending on what you think after the saddle is fitted .

Yep! i can certainly imagine the malverns being a tad busy this time of year unless you can pick a less busy time in the week but i guess when september arrives things will get a little more quite .

Thanks for the pics mate i've really enjoyed them .

Cheers Muddy ;) ..

Back