Merlin malt- Frame change GT avalanche 1.0

Re:

Thanks for the kind comments! I need to get out on it and give it a proper try out.

I see what you mean about the crank area needing some red when the saddle is red, maybe a red chainstay protector would be a cheap option i guess.

I'll try and take some more pics on a sunny day with the digital camera for some more clarity.

Kyle

Re: Merlin malt build thread! New Decals!

Cheers again Kyle for the pics and i hadn't thought of a red chainstay protector but i can't see why it shouldn't do the trick of balancing out the red and i'm pretty sure you'll be able to get a red lizard skin or similar as their should be plenty to choose from on ebay .

I look forward to seeing some more pics when the weather allows and the compliments are well deserved mate ;) .

Cheers Ian .

V8's Eh! , well i was going to suggest pedals but thought that might be pushing your budget mate so i guess price would eventually win out overall but i'll just have to wait and see what you finally decide on but either would be good when it comes down to the final decision .

Ian

Re:

I think some magnesium dmr v8's in red are going to be on order very soon... :facepalm:
after I've flogged my old saddle.

I'm pretty certain you will find a pair of v8's for a fair price after you've searched on the tinternet for a bit .

That would seem to be the cheapest price on the net at the minute as i've just had a good search round and can't find them cheaper unless you go for the standard steel which won't be half as light .

Re:

They don't cost much more than the standard ones so may as well get magnesium ones as I've read complaints about the weight of the standard ones. Got to be worth a few extra quid :cool:

Re:

Those decals have come out good. I thought you would put originals on but I'm not so keen on them. What would finish it off is a marzocchi z2 xfly in black and silver!

Know what you mean about laces being busy. My main route out of Edinburgh to the hills along the water of leith is like a motorway with tourists!

Back