Merlin malt- Frame change GT avalanche 1.0

Re:

Ride pics :) awsome ride! Started from about a mile the other side of the pillar in the distance and about half of that is a massive hill!

:)

Re:

Considering painting the frame i work as a sprayer at a car bodyshop so any colour is possible.
But I'm thinking just jet black With white and red stickers possibly bright red.

Any suggestions?

is yours polished, Kyle?

I have the same bike, I think - '04 avalanche 1.0 disc - pic form a while back is here. done a bit more to it since including crossmax SLX wheels, though its currently laid up waiting to have some magura marta SL's fitted

pretty good and light frame for the money, I bought mine from new and it's in a near constant state of change/upgrade as funds allow

BobCatMax":2hfba6dg said:
is yours polished, Kyle?

I have the same bike, I think - '04 avalanche 1.0 disc - pic form a while back is here. done a bit more to it since including crossmax SLX wheels, though its currently laid up waiting to have some magura marta SL's fitted

pretty good and light frame for the money, I bought mine from new and it's in a near constant state of change/upgrade as funds allow

I wish it was polished its a weird grey but slightly lilac!

I wouldn't mind stripping the paint and polishing it but cant be bothered with the hassle.

It's a decent enough frame rides ok to me. The top tube slopes more than the merlin which i prefer.

Kyle

if you get the chance, I wouldn't mind a more close up shot of the paint work to compare mine.

I've got one an old 203m BB7 on a trial bike and it's incredible but can't imagine learning to use it for normal braking, its like an on/off switch!

Edit... how did you find the A2Z disc adapter? I'm just thinking about one for another bike. Do you have any pics that show it's fitting?

DMC3000":xnisfi7k said:
I've got one an old 203m BB7 on a trial bike and it's incredible but can't imagine learning to use it for normal braking, its like an on/off switch!

Edit... how did you find the A2Z disc adapter? I'm just thinking about one for another bike. Do you have any pics that show it's fitting?

The 203 was a bit bitey but I could still stoppie on it! I've changed to a 165 now just to make it a bit less bitey.

The a2z was pretty annoying I wouldn't use one again, fiddly and you have to fully remove the qr to get the wheel out and even then it was fiddly.

On trials bikes I'm hoping to get an Echo pure once I've moved house!

Kyle

Latest posts

Back