Memory. Any psychologists here?

Its a genuine concern - theres a new test for memory for middle-agers who are forgetful as its potentially that horrible road to Alzheimers.

I test myself by reciting the cast of Star Trek - Leonard Nimoy, Willaim Shatner etc. I can remember faces perfectly but names can elude me - I did the test for super recognition and scored very high.

However, last year I had a very bad episode of acute short term memory loss and was getting quite alarmed by it. I use lead free solder and had been caught out a few times with involuntary inhalation whilst working in small spaces with piss poor ventilation - a change in working methods now means little or no exposure. The results have been quite remarkable even if they are not related. My memory has come bouncing back to 'normal' - normal being whatever the normal is after abusing certain controlled substances when younger (oops).

I dread Alzheimers, its in my family and watching people who have it gradually fade away is not a way I want to go nor would I want anyone else to experience it.

I have always said i'd be off the top of the nearest NCP car park before I forgot where it was if i started down that road.

Related: Anybody know about dreams?

Last night I was in Nick Mason's house in Hampstead while the band members noodled in the studio/loungey room and I perused his antiques and stuff on the shelves inc a basket of vintage watches. They all were alive and playing their own thing rather than together.

A load of parasitic groupies turned up, hung about and left again. I was just chatting to Nick etc.

Work that one out. I did go there once in 87, met him very briefly. The location was real. Events were fantasy.

The History Man":uxqxtut0 said:
I have always said i'd be off the top of the nearest NCP car park before I forgot where it was if i started down that road.

Yes but your mind may be so addled you dont realise you have denentia or it may be so bad you are incapable of finding the nearest ncp.

02gf74":250nnl37 said:
The History Man":250nnl37 said:

Yes but your mind may be so addled you dont realise you have denentia or it may be so bad you are incapable of finding the nearest ncp.

I have left instructions for such a scenario.

Re: Re:

widowmaker":2qo7scyj said:
Time is precious, lets all get out on our bikes - who's with me :!:

Bit late now, i was down your way, ok slightly further north (exmoor, dunkery beacon. Zomerzet right?) Last week, no good telling me now. :facepalm:

Re: Re:

02gf74":2da734ie said:
widowmaker":2da734ie said:
Time is precious, lets all get out on our bikes - who's with me :!:

Bit late now, i was down your way, ok slightly further north (exmoor, dunkery beacon. Zomerzet right?) Last week, no good telling me now. :facepalm:

He'd forgotten you'd told him.

Back