MBUK???!!! WTF

Re:

Yeah and why do some brands sell 29" wheels for bigger frame sizes but smaller ones can only have 27.5" surely that shows it doesn't make much difference just doesn't look stupid with massive wheels.

kyle888":34u42crc said:
ultrazenith":34u42crc said:
Every autumn, the editor's foreword comments that next year's bike will be so much better, and that riders today are so much better than ever before.

Ah, those were the days. When men were real men, bikes were real bikes, and small furry creatures from Alpha Centauri were real small furry creatures from Alpha Centauri.

DynaTechQuantum.1.jpg

Why is the chainset and gears in the wrong side?? Random

Photo has been horizontally flipped.

I get MBUK free via the libraries scheme. It's usually a five minute at best flip through nowadays. Shame as it was definitely one of the best mags in the early 90s.

I'm baffled by some of the reviews of the new bikes. £7K for a bike, and there's no shock expressed at the fact it doesn't come with a top of the range groupset.

Re:

"Photo has been horizontally flipped. "

We did know that....well I did, I am sure they did too. The internet just doesn't do sarky very well!

Re:

I did realise that something was up with the picture, not that I actually believed they made them like that. :)

Re:

A little quote from the mag that made me :LOL: under 'stay in shape over winter'.

'In Britain we're spoiled for choice when it comes to trail centres, but why not make the most of the short days (and avoid getting mud all over your car) by going on an old-fashioned cross-country ride straight from your back door instead? Google maps and gps based apps such as strava can help you plan a mile munching tour of your local woods linked by sinewy back roads. It's a great way to explore your surroundings and an easy way to get some extra miles in.'

:LOL: :LOL: old fashioned cross country eh! We're all spoilt by going to trail centres apparently???
i assume the new breed don't just go on a ride.

hamster":318cutv9 said:
You could even use a map...

No sorry too old fashioned! :LOL: :LOL: Just like riding up hill. Hardtails. Rigids. 26" wheels. Inner tubes. Internal bb's etc etc :facepalm:

Re: Re:

Kult Friction":1yd9anrs said:
For the flight back I bought Canadian magazine Descent...... Much much better! written by journo's that have a real passion for the sport and with a mature style that made you want to get out and ride, sure there was still ads but it had proper in depth articles worth reading and it cost the same as MBUK.

Agreed, and it's free in iTunes for iPad! Comes up a month behind print and also loads of back issues.

Agreed, it just seems to be the same s**t different year. On test- The best helmet, best pedals, Shimano Vs Sram yada yada yada.
All this info you can get online for free now.
I used to love the magazine years ago when it had a soul with the great Mint Sauce comic but even that is going downhill (or should that be Not going uphill???).
What would be great would be a compendium of Mint Sauce comics put into one publication, now that I would buy. :)

I've looked at MBUK on and off for since the early days but always bypassed the Mint Sauce bit as it just went straight over my head and I never understood it.

Please explain?

Back