May 2015 Bike of The Month - Nominations Please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Re:

H":1ekrf1k6 said:
Sorry chaps, I didn't want to sound like a 'hater' before. I've just described my route to biking nirvana: namely, buy frame, amass bits, build and polish. I just think the award should go to someone with real ambition, rather than just deep pockets. Thanks, H
Real ambition ? hmmm! I'm afraid that you're on the wrong track! :facepalm:

If you knew what that goat has cost at the end ..and you can assume, with that bike he will never ride a trail :LOL:

Re:

It's sad if it doesn't. A bike only has purpose if purposely used. I guess the cost of our biking hobby is relative to other hobbies, so we should go for it whilst we still can. For example, have you seen the price of classic or 'practical' classic cars lately? Crappy British carts going for serious money.

Re: Re:

Nader":2sxnoy3t said:
H":2sxnoy3t said:
that bike he will never ride a trail :LOL:

i´m not so sure about that. usually i ride all the bikes that i own.
the ones that i don´t are already sold. of course it isn´t the first one to pick when the weather is bad.
but since i´m father of a nice little boy, all my bikes are not the first choice as you may imagine.
we´ll see.
thanks for all youre kind words about the bike. glad you like it.
cheers kay

I think we all have ambition to preserve older bikes. For me It would be really hard to find a rusted out bike that needed such intensive repair like the Goat since I live in a dry climate. I am passionate about saving these bikes because it takes me back to a time when things were much simpler. Living in Colorado in the early 80's going to college and my main concern was where is the next keg party and hooking up with the girls :D I couldn't afford a car so I always bought nice bikes to ride in the Rockies.

Re:

Another hard month to compete....

mauricer's 1992 Breezer Lightning XTR

How i received it

large_Foto2.JPG

and a very long resto-road later....

1816502-xnmi8g0jhk81-dsc02081-large.jpg

1816499-qpfxhca3kld7-dsc02073-large.jpg

Full built thread can be found here....thanks for reading!

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... p;t=281079

Best regards

Moritz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back