Marzocchi fork servicing

If you're asking why I want to build this, cause the later lowers are supposedly stiffer. But mostly cause I can (if it's actually possible). But if I'm gonna be getting new seals, would be nice to know which ones to get based on what's possible to put together fork-wise 😁

If you're asking why I want to build this, cause the later lowers are supposedly stiffer. But mostly cause I can (if it's actually possible). But if I'm gonna be getting new seals, would be nice to know which ones to get based on what's possible to put together fork-wise 😁
Newest would always be the M style seals, they are the newer design after all.
C2C between legs, I'm assuming the same...

I can measure later, but as far as I know there is no difference, other than I don't know what the top of the stanchion looks like without the bonded crown part attached to it.
You'll need to look into length of stanchions too.

About the seals I meant that if I were to rebuild the BAM lowers they take the classic seals that kraeMit sells, if I do the M-arch they'll be the newer style line you said.

Yes please do measure c2c on the M-arch fork you got, as I don't yet have one of those and I'd hate to buy something that won't do that I need it to.

As for stanchions fitment, I'm using the long 130mm travel ones that I currently have as they're in perfect shape. I only have preload adjustment on my Z-series, so the only place I envision possibly encountering a hurdle would be how the pumping rods attach to the lowers. But if I'm using a similar style donor fork that has no external damping adjustment I should be able to make this work even if I have to swap internals.

I think the width of both styles of fork are the same. So you should be able to fit M Arch sliders on a fork with a bolt on crown, just make sure the stanchions are the correct length.

Coolness, that's enough reassurance for my needs 👍So I just grabbed a newer M-arch MZ for dirt cheap off evilbay, looks to be in quite nice condition and for the price it's worth a shot anyway.

Back