Marin Shoreline Trail 1999

New owner declares "it's the nuts" ;)
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=faggdB_mxyM&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]

With Mike having stripped it earlier you know it will come apart easy enough - will be interesting to see what a no holds / blank canvas build brings

Made me smile knowing you bought the brakes off this and now you own the lot !

Re:

Awesome. :D :D :D I let the bloke I bought if off know it went to a good home. It was his son’s and languished in the garage for ten years. He said he fitted the air shock just before it was put away.

Top tip: clean the shock body down until it is spotless and then wipe a very thin layer of suspension oil / grease on it to keep the seal well lubed. I used Pace elastomer grease.

SP

Retro Spud":tjdcqgdj said:
With Mike having stripped it earlier you know it will come apart easy enough - will be interesting to see what a no holds / blank canvas build brings

MarinMartin has the front wheel ;)

Re: Re:

Retro Spud":23cqgl3a said:

Yeah… he’s talking stars and stripes at the mo….and he wants lighter kit apparently! (not sure who he thinks his sponsor is!)
As for the Maggies, I’m not sure they will be going back on yet, as splatter said, he got the brakes working well….

Splatter Paint":23cqgl3a said:
Awesome. :D :D :D I let the bloke I bought if off know it went to a good home. It was his son’s and languished in the garage for ten years. He said he fitted the air shock just before it was put away.

Top tip: clean the shock body down until it is spotless and then wipe a very thin layer of suspension oil / grease on it to keep the seal well lubed. I used Pace elastomer grease.

SP

Cheers for tip SP.
Current plan is for him to ride it hard this summer, then a strip down Oct/Nov for this winters project (Jimmy’s, not mine) that way he’ll get to know it intimately, I’ll run a thread of course, so you can chip in if he needs some help.

Back