Lotus Sport Campagnolo (finished pg24) & XTR (finished pg29)

Re: Lotus Sport Campagnolo (finished pg24) & XTR

The History Man":30cuf91q said:
Having met you. I would suggest that you could save way more than the gained 6g by a number of other means...............

Perhaps a stern talking to?

A walk around the camp site?

Wholesome flatulence?

Ah yes..... well possibly

There have been all kinds of things I have wanted after reading threads on Retrobike. A Dave Yates, a Potts, a Fat Chance, WTB Rollercams, Cunningham shifter mounts and stem, titanium Flex-stem etc, etc, etc. But now, more than ever, I really want to be a Lotus Eater!

I knew a girl called Lotus blossom...who'd have know, I was a lotophagi all that time... ;)

Re:

Late to the party, blooming newborns :LOL: Liking the Campagnolo goodness!

Saddle wise you can get a matching offering in the form of the Electa pneumatic model, fitted to high end Dyna Techs back in the day (and no doubt others)... they tend to be pricey though :eek:

Attachments

• s-l400.jpg
    s-l400.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 328
Re: Re:

mynchiboy":2gghp9vc said:

Saddle wise you can get a matching offering in the form of the Electa pneumatic model, fitted to high end Dyna Techs back in the day (and no doubt others)... they tend to be pricey though :eek:

Ohhhh! That NIB does look stunning, but do I sell a kidney? :shock: maybe not this year (£510 NIB or £300 used & slightly scuffed) If it was my bike maybe.... still not sure though. :|

Congrats on the new borns... twins?

Re:

Peachy!":1392lq1v said:
mynchiboy":1392lq1v said:

Ohhhh! That NIB does look stunning, but do I sell a kidney? :shock: maybe not this year (£510 NIB or £300 used & slightly scuffed) If it was my bike maybe.... still not sure though. :|

Congrats on the new borns... twins?

Many thanks! Fortunately a single for now... doubt we could have coped with a pair at the moment :facepalm:

Although I, like everyone else, love the smell when you pop open a NIB piece of kit, the thing I love more is taking something in good working order and restoring it to its former beauty (without spending a kings ransom) ;)

These Deore XT PD-M735 from March ’91 for instance… a good quality pedal, about as near to VGC that you can get this side of £50… they in fact cost me a lot less.

The bearings were still running smooth so no need for a full strip down, but they were still in need of a little TLC, so the bolts went into an Evaporust bath for the night,

The cages get a proper wash, then some very careful touching up with acid etch black and the main platform? Got a thoroughly hard buffing…..

Personally, I think these look near perfect… :cool:

Attachments

• PD-M735 (3).JPG
    PD-M735 (3).JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 315
  • PD-M735 (4).JPG
    PD-M735 (4).JPG
    950.3 KB · Views: 315
  • PD-M735 (5).JPG
    PD-M735 (5).JPG
    1,013 KB · Views: 314
  • PD-M735 (1).JPG
    PD-M735 (1).JPG
    935.7 KB · Views: 314
  • PD-M735 (2).JPG
    PD-M735 (2).JPG
    967.8 KB · Views: 314

Peachy!":36sc532d said:
mynchiboy":36sc532d said:

... twins?

Not sure if that was intended, but i thought it was good anyway :D

Those pedals are looking mighty fine now, almost making me want to fix mine up :)

mk one":3gjp13w5 said:
Those pedals are looking mighty fine now, almost making me want to fix mine up :)
Cheers Mark…

Right, the RD-M900 turned up in the post today, reasonable nick, working fine and at a reasonable price… of course some road rash, but that goes without saying unless you wanna spend over £200!!!! :shock:

Wasn’t sure how best to tackle this, as the damage is in the anodised parts obviously, so I thought a full strip, deep clean then file/smooth the rough spots as neatly as possible and see what comes out in the wash……

Reasonably happy with this…. Tidy, clean and working :|

Attachments

• RD-M900 (1).JPG
    RD-M900 (1).JPG
    722.5 KB · Views: 297
  • RD-M900 (2).JPG
    RD-M900 (2).JPG
    829.5 KB · Views: 298
  • RD-M900 (3).JPG
    RD-M900 (3).JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 297
  • RD-M900 (4).jpg