London Cyclists. NSFW

No!

The point of strict liability is that the person in the vehicle with the higher potential for causing death has to assume responsibility for that vehicle. Why should the more vulnerable road user have to take responsibility for the aggressor?
Our current licensing system takes this into account to a certain degree. There is nothing in place for pedestrians. Voluntary cycle training schemes for bikes, and ever stricter compulsory tests going up through the motorised vehicles from scooter to HGV and PSV. This can be taken further by giving better legal protection to more vulnerable road users, and given that most European countrys already have this it would be a good move for here.

We also need the justice system to start taking road violence more seriously and send a message to drivers that it will not be tolerated. The recent case in the West Midlands of the driver being fined £1150 and 8 points for brake testing a cyclist is a good example. Unlike the above case where his driving wasn't even tried. His fine was for a public order offence! So the justice system is saying that it is OK to drive a 2.5 ton vehicle at a cyclist and hit them and block their path, but if you say the C word in public then that's bad!

We do need infrastructure, but there is a lot we can do while we are building it.

highlandsflyer":2nudvdc6 said:
My notion would be to clock him, but I am a handy man.
Better not cut me up Mr Cycle Cafe, or I would indeed cut you up.

Shall we all go around punching the likes of Mr. A?
It only needs one punch to kill someone.

I'm pretty handy too, but I don't resort to violence. I only use it as a last resort. Why should I have to put up with knobhead drivers whom think that paying road tax gives them a right to be on the roads? I don't drive like a cnut.

I cycled and lived in France for three years and didn't have one bad episode with motorists whilst on the bike. I now cycle in West Sussex and to be honest, it's not much fun as it's Mr. A's 4x4 mentality aplenty... :roll:

The prisons are full (so we're told) and the CPS won't dole out the correct sentence for a death caused by dangerous driving, so do we just carry on getting killed and maimed?

Re:

Any justice system that presumes liability or guilt without evidence is massively unjust.

I almost hit a cyclist this morning, and I am certainly no 'aggressor'. I would hate to think someone who decided to fire straight across a road from a footpath with their fing cans on would be presumed the injured party were I to have had them arrive on my windscreen.

It is rarely black and white, and even when it is we are entitled to a fair hearing.

Re: Re:

highlandsflyer":g1wd0lyu said:
Any justice system that presumes liability or guilt without evidence is massively unjust.

I almost hit a cyclist this morning, and I am certainly no 'aggressor'. I would hate to think someone who decided to fire straight across a road from a footpath with their fing cans on would be presumed the injured party were I to have had them arrive on my windscreen.

It is rarely black and white, and even when it is we are entitled to a fair hearing.
Spot on.

Re: Re:

highlandsflyer":2kiy73q5 said:

You've missed the point :roll:

On the Continent, motorists avoid cyclists because they don't want the hassle, hence they give cyclists a wide berth.

http://ipayroadtax.com/uncategorized/st ... ife-saver/

Is he a real Butcher :? I wouldn't think so as we don't feel the need to announce such or have a title such.
I do find the amateurs do that type of thing. Probably bought an old block down the scrappy and now thinks he's the business.

Master butcher ? Masterbater would be a more fitting title.

And why the pose with a cleaver ? wtf is that meant to signify ? We use knives :facepalm: :LOL:

PS
A master butcher is a butcher who owns his butchers shop. That's it, nothing special or unique.

Latest posts

Back