London Cyclists. NSFW

Sometimes the red mist just comes down. Been on the receiving end of that kind of tirade occasionally myself. The best thing is to back away, and either wait for them to calm down or get out of there. I think I'd have made a sharp exit in this situation and given him a friendly wave.

The cyclist obviously didn't help to deescalate things either - but it looks like they were frightened/angry themselves. Good on the other cyclist for managing the situation down a bit.

Some people behave very differently behind the wheel of a car compared to the rest of their life. I've known a couple of people who are lovely in real life, but absolute horrors when in their car.

I've read the pages and pages on STW with interest.

My opinion is that the cyclist clearly felt the driver pulled too close in-between him and the next cyclist and said so, the driver then over reacted and pulled his car even closer in and thats the crux of the issue. Almost ran him off the road.

I cycled that road as part of my commute into London for two years.
It is very busy with cyclists going into the park.
The road is indeed tight and narrow. Its also pretty straight.
The cycle lane is pants and pretty unused, perfect for families going into the park but not for cyclists and certainly not for roadies or comuters.
I doubt anything happen prior to this we dont see. I think the driver was simply frustrated at the sheer number of cyclist he has to negotiate and then had a run in with one.
The guy is a class a knob.
The cyclist was a little too abusive in his response but I wouldnt say I could honestly do anything different if I'd been in that situation.

I hear the driver has been fined and had points added to his licence. I also hear some private life #cough# have come out about him and his business. The baying mob is I understand getting 'revenge'.

The real cause of the problem is not the people. The road design is at fault. There will always be knob both on bikes and in cars. The road should be widened by tarmacing over the cycle lane. its only on one side and just about wide enough for two bikes. The road should be widened and cycle lanes added on both sides. It wont reduce the knobs in cars or on bikes but it might remove the friction points ;)

my tuppenth.

Ha! Made me laugh my socks off this clip! :D

It's because of knobhead tractor drivers like Mr. Angry, I now wear cycling shoes with a flat sole and no protruding cleat, so that I have a fighting chance if the proverbial hits the fan.

Really, nothing was going to happen in this situation because as soon as Mr. A started shouting, it was obvious he was no threat.

It's the one's whom head straight towards you with total calm; they're the serious threat.
Alas, Mr. A is just flatulence on a breezy day, and I guess he's lost a few customers thanks to his childish rant.

Anyhow, if cyclists pushed for the likes of this:

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/public/cy ... 451896.ece

It would be better for all road users.

Stay safe ;)

The road is not at fault.

Driver should wait until it is safe to overtake.

Is what hiighway code says, and it also says to give cyclists a wider berth
If it wad a milk float, would these arseholes try to ram them off the road?

If he is really a motorcyclist, he ought to know better.
Dont make excuses for the ****. He should not be ramming anyone off the road.

I have to agree with a lot of the word things here.

My notion would be to clock him, but I am a handy man.

Better not cut me up Mr Cycle Cafe, or I would indeed cut you up.

Re:

Cyclists vary from novice road users to vastly experienced.

If legislation is going to presume in favour of novice road users I cannot see anything good coming from it.

Most veteran cyclists also drive, so we are going to be the victims of mad ideas like this.

Back