Laurent Fignon Replica Build up Help Required

Re:

The Castorama / Super U decals from Greg at cyclomondo are exact replicas of the originals. I know because it was me that worked with him to get them made! Any of the other ones I have seen on ebay etc are not as good.........

Just my opinion for what its worth.......

Nice looking frame, deserves the full works :)

Stephen

Attachments

• IMG_2040.JPG
    IMG_2040.JPG
    17.5 KB · Views: 428
Hi Chris,
Your frame looks great, all but one of mine are all rusty!
I have seen a picture online of Super U bikes 'stacked' pre stage, I think Barteau had the white with red covers pedals, apparently the titanium spindles flexed a bit too much for pro power.
If I can find it I'll post it.
Not sure how rare yours is, but just do it, it will look great.
Stephen (kettlo) does make great files for print, if he's been involved then trust it!
One day we will ride as a Super U peloton!

Re:

"weak" titanium spindled titan magnesium pedals for fignon but tough steel ones for domestique vincent barteau??

naaaaaaaaaah, i don't think so!!

:roll:

:cool:

More likely is Barteau as a domestique had to buy his own whereas Fignon as the star was given free pedals by Time

I've just picked up a pair of these NOS for £48 the pair!! I'm well pleased ;) ;)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-06-16 at 21.56.19.jpg
    Screen Shot 2015-06-16 at 21.56.19.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 292
Re: Re:

rusty bodie":131mzo2p said:
nice find!!

but beware on those damp bends!!

:shock:

WHAT Damp bends??
Your not under the delusion that I'm going to ride this are you??
I'm coming up to 69 years old & 10 days ago I was diagnosed with MND (a bit of a bugger that) but as long as ii still get enjoyment out of building the old bikes I will continue.
NB I've never ridden any of my bike collection its purely a hobby that I'm able to indulge myself in. ( I know thats going to piss a lot of people off but I don't give a £uck) Plus I've always been a mechanic not a rider. ;) ;)

Re: Re:

rusty bodie":2foz593b said:
nice find!!

but beware on those damp bends!!

:shock:

I always found Supercomps and Hi Lites were better than a lot of tyres in the wet!
Good find mate ;)

Mike

Back