Laiti Mono

Re:

Hey, that bike looks familiar !

It was just a little too large for my 5'8, but what mostly ruined it for me was the standover height. The BB is seriously high and the front end even more so.

Oh, as for brochures, articles etc, here's a couple that haven't been posted here yet :

The last page mentions that there were 2 models, the Apache and the Cheyenne. The Apache was all French (Simplex and Huret groupset), the Cheyenne used a Shimano groupset.
This one was all Suntour, so unless it was completely rebuilt it was neither of those. I'm still leaning towards Cheyenne, probably because I simply like that name better.
Or stick with "Mono", it has always been called that in forums.

As for the year, the Laïti MTBs first popped up in shows and magazines in 1989. Considering the frame number, I suspect that yours is a 1989 bike.

Attachments

• laiti 2.JPG
    laiti 2.JPG
    138.2 KB · Views: 544
  • 2011-07-04-02.jpg
    2011-07-04-02.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 543
  • img129.jpg
    img129.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 544
  • img130.jpg
    img130.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 543
Re:

Thanks for that info.

As it stands, I'm replacing every single component... I have have a few bits on my Laiti rebuild shelf, yes it has its own build shelf in the man cave. I've finally organised myself In a bid to keep track of the projects. This is third in line at the moment, but the wheels may get done first.

al.

14 month poke.......

Any movement on this one Al ?

Even a naughty pic of a set of built wheels will suffice so long as you get them in a nice pose

Retro Spud":3anvd683 said:
14 month poke.......

Any movement on this one Al ?

Even a naughty pic of a set of built wheels will suffice so long as you get them in a nice pose

Yes plenty of movement, it was shipped to Slovenia earlier this year!!

Gone to someone that is going to spend the time and effort I wasn't able to on it.

al. :D

Re:

Hi Al and others.

Here´s a brief update as what has happen to the Mono. It was shipped to Slovenia to be resprayed in a two-tone base color: RAL orange fluorescent and purple metallic. On top of that is RAL Signal black and white "splatter". I chose to have both stem and handlebar painted in the same paint scheme as the frame. Decals under clearcoat.

It is going to be full Sachs-Huret or Simplex with Stronglight headset. The drums are standard Shimano and if the rims are the original Rigid they're staying on. The build is going to be all french (except for the drums).

I´ll be back

/Terminator (Jon)

Attachments

• mono.jpg
    mono.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 308
Re:

The paint is looking fantastic Jon.

Get a build thread up.

al. :D

Back