Kona SEX3

Hmm - not sure Andy - if I change the forks to say 100mm then I need to look at how she is going to stop as that will all need updating....
Think I just need a third bike as the 2 current ones are not quite right.

beepbeep":1kev8eea said:
Keep coming back to this to have a sneaky look!

Snap!

I really love this bike, I think the name was what attracted me and probably loads of others when they were launched, something a bit cheeky to upset your mother (as you experienced). I'd like to own one at some point, in fact I searched the bay for a good un' but ended up with my Flex's instead...don't know how that happened but there's no going back now.

Keep it, upgrade it, ride it. Don't sell it.

Antiquekona":1kev8eea said:
Think I just need a third bike

That's the spirit ;)

Yes - thanks for further comments guys.
Yes - she will be kept unless someone offers me some really good money for her. I have sourced apparently the last bush kit available so all set for a few more years yet.
Would love some Panaracer Magics for her - a newish pair (as in not used much) - but everything else is from 90s era - even if not the original factory spec. Think I will stay within that theme as enjoy riding the bike rather than being a complete purist.
:)

Antiquekona":2kgi87gp said:
Does it sound bonkers to buy a new Kona Kula and keep the Sex3 as is and just take that out every so often and have the hard tail as my regular?

Kula, not at all (see my sig) great fun bikes. Nice bike I don't get Pace forks or gripshifts though. If it were mine I'd have Thumbies or STi's and Rockshox, but that's just me. I agree with the comments on the Maguras they maybe a bit heavy but are as powerful as V's and offer far better control, feel and modulation than any V's I have tried.

Carl.

Few updated photos as she now wears her original FOX 4R rear shock and has a set of Rolf Satelite wheels. Also recently purchased a new 8 speed XT cassette off here which was all sorted with new chain and set of cables by the very helpfull Andy B.
Sex32010019.jpg

Sex32010001.jpg

Sex32010008.jpg

Sex32010002.jpg

Antiquekona":3qw5kf23 said:
Cheers - I love it too - so much I dont know what to do with it!!

Does it sound bonkers to buy a new Kona Kula and keep the Sex3 as is and just take that out every so often and have the hard tail as my regular?

As a Kula Primo owner (circa 2005) I'd recommend you go the for Kula, and with the advent of the first carbon Kula I'd buy one of these :)

http://www.konaworld.com/bike.cfm?content=kula_watt

BTW - I love your bike, it IS gorgeous!!

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Still loving this mate it is awesome.

what size is she??

Back