Kona SEX3

Just wanted to add my compliments to one fantastic bike which only looks better in the flesh :D

Now if you'd only give me some of that smart paint finish stuff all my bikes could look as shiny (yeah right.....)

Cheers for the above!!
The bike is still sulking after not receiving a placing in the concours competition. :LOL: I have tried to explain that maybe being a full suspension rig and having such wonderful paintwork may just not have been retro enough against such strong competition. She told me for next time that she is changing to single speed, having an old Brookes leather saddle and going to dig in the parts chest for her original velocity stem, handlebars, project 2 forks and impact headset.
I told her to stop being so self concious and that sort of behaviour would not be suitable if she wanted ever to turn a wheel again, and threatened her with the 2009 Kula.
She now apologises and says she cant wait for the next ride with her new found friends. ;) :D

That is a great looking bike!

I just love the colour! In my opinion that (and the colour of the 1996 Lava Dome) is just the most beautiful colour a bike can have.

Maybe I will offend some people here, but I think the 1995 and 1996 Kona's are the prettiest bikes Kona has made.

Cheers,

Aaldert

Aaldert":2o0w453r said:
That is a great looking bike!

I just love the colour! In my opinion that (and the colour of the 1996 Lava Dome) is just the most beautiful colour a bike can have.

Maybe I will offend some people here, but I think the 1995 and 1996 Kona's are the prettiest bikes Kona has made.

Cheers,

Aaldert

I agree 95/96 Konas are the sexiest bikes in the world and 96 kula and lava dome are the best

dscf0363.jpg
[/url]

JeRkY":2hqr3avk said:
Nice bike, RC35 MXCD's by the way.

Cheers - and thanks for all nice comments - I will pass them on to her.
Not sure at this stage to keep her for another season for the odd Retro outing, update forks and ride more intensively or just offer her for sale to a good home. Decisions decisions.

Back