Kona Kilauea Colour Help Needed

I haven't tried it, but is there any chance Kona Tech could supply RAL codes? Would make colour matching a whole lot easier...

Anthony":1e4rx5eg said:
Kona Paul":1e4rx5eg said:
Does sound like quite a bargain! But I guess hindsight is 20/20, as they say. Maybe I'll have to buy the standard 97 Kilauea off this guy anyway, even though I'm REALLY trying to get rid of frames and not acquire them. He said it came with a red and white bomber (when he bought it from someone else.) Any ideas what year that might be? Not sure if they were original or not, and when not riding rigid, I'm a Fox guy.
We're in danger of hijacking nporternz's thread Paul, and that we must not do, so I've restrained myself from posting a pic of an Explosif with a red Z2 on it. Suffice it to say that the red and white Z2 might be a 99, the Cinder Cone is a 97 size 19 and a 1992 Explosif frame and forks in reasonable order just sold on eBay for £75, which is the lowest price I have seen for one, and Scant's King Kahuna just sold for only £340, ditto - so I won't comment on pricing, I'm wondering if the credit crunch is maybe having a big impact on eBay now.

I dont mind the hijack mate!!!!

definitely keeping it in the se colour now - i'll just have to spray something else lavender!!!!

Anthony":l4p8yozm said:
nporternz":l4p8yozm said:
pic for you Anthony
OK, thanks, but that's actually the picture I've already copied. I just thought an outdoor shot of it with a nice bit of Wellington thrown in might be quite easy on the eye.

Funnily enough, I agree with you about the lavender, it works superbly on the Yo Eddy and if I was going to get my humble standard Killer resprayed, that would be an attractive option (forks as well as frame). But there's lots of standard Kilaueas around, so it doesn't matter, whereas the sheer rarity of the SE, as well as the fact that I personally like that colour, would make me stick with it no matter what.

next time I take it out I'll get a shot of it in Wellington for you mate!!

Geoff":1c1znt49 said:
I haven't tried it, but is there any chance Kona Tech could supply RAL codes? Would make colour matching a whole lot easier...

good idea mate - i'll try that option!!

Back