Clockwork - Year + Colour ID - help

Steveo_mex

Retro Newbie
Hi all
Im looking for some help to id my clockwork resto project

Before painting it, I want to understand what year its from and what direction to go with the re-paint and decals

Any help appreciated on identifying it - frame serial number is A609A1165

Currently with LX components (M550 stuff)

Crucially if anyone can point me in the direction of what colour these where (for this year bike) and what style decals that would be great.

my guess from the serial number is its a '96 (A6...) but I recall they had a different fork by then?? (thats from a much younger me, allthose years ago wandering 'round our LBS!!).

Any help would be great.

Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_3172 (1).jpeg
    IMG_3172 (1).jpeg
    535 KB · Views: 24
Bad news for you, I think that is a 1990 Orange Prestige, so your Clockwork resto may have a problem.

Do await confirmation as it was just a quick look.

Thay came in black as you have and a few other colours, check the catalogues.

Bad news for you, I think that is a 1990 Orange Prestige, so your Clockwork resto may have a problem.

Do await confirmation as it was just a quick look.

Thay came in black as you have and a few other colours, check the catalogues.
Hi

Thanks, that'd be a good result for me.

Id just like to ID what it actually is, could well be my bad calling it a clockwork - prestige is fine too (or... even better!)

I just googled 1990 prestige and its the first time an image popped up of something looking the same :)

All help fully appreciated

Hmmmm, interesting as the serial number suggests it's an 89 but the decals and black stem suggest more like a later 90? Defo one or the other with that frame design but certainly might be a Clockwork as from memory they didn't offer the Prestige with LX?

Colour wise you'd be looking at orange/white, orange, black or yellow/white for a Clockwork. the Prestige would replace the yellow/white with pink/white. Decals would be the classic font with either narrow spacing or wide.

Hmmmm, interesting as the serial number suggests it's an 89 but the decals and black stem suggest more like a later 90? Defo one or the other with that frame design but certainly might be a Clockwork as from memory they didn't offer the Prestige with LX?

Colour wise you'd be looking at orange/white, orange, black or yellow/white for a Clockwork. the Prestige would replace the yellow/white with pink/white. Decals would be the classic font with either narrow spacing or wide.

To clarify those points:

Are we still on the fence about clockwork vs prestige? is there anyway to work out for sure?

Ref the colour - is black an original colour? - btw: certainly no signs of a respray/re-finish. All looking original from what ive found so far. (could that in itself indicate more that its a prestige??)

Thanks for all the help!

Back