Klein quantum

Re:

New cable casings fitted and all the other stuff I have mentioned above weight now 7.1kg.

Still a few more things to do.

Re:

Looks great so far

One brief question: I rarely see Kleins with setback seatpost. Is there anything particular with the seat-tube angle which makes it necessary to use zero offset posts, like Thomson Masterpiece?

Btw, the Gruppo is just RIGHT. The best DA aesthetically ever produced.

Re:

I think it is more the length of the top tube. I picked the frame size based on it was available and the top tube is 59cm long. A top tube that long does not need a set back post for me at least.
I think the seat tube angle is nothing out of the ordinary.

:) Have you got any experience with linear brake outer cables? They compress less, and a tad more rigid than regular spirally-reinforced ones.

I'm just asking, as the frame has the rear brake cable running concealed, and some people swear by installing linear brake outers for improving brake performance.

Very keen on seeing the whole thing taped&ready to go.

Re:

The ashima casing are compressionless linear type. The rear brake cable casing though is split. A full length casing would a few grams and that I am trying to avoid.

It will be a while before the bike is ready to ride as I have new bars to order next week (schmolke) and dura ace titanium shifter clamps, Fibrelyte carbon mech a cage and pulleys. All this cost money but will shed the final few grams.

I'll probably use this for hill climb events next year.

Back