Masciaghi Fausto Coppi Lugano 53'

Davo26

Dirt Disciple
New member checking in - here's my Masciaghi Coppi Lugano 53'

Fillet brazed Columbus Genius - interesting dropped stay design that was allow for a short time in the 90's. Unrestored with pearlescent white paint. Giovanni Pelizzoli (Ciocc) was supposedly involved in designing/making high end and team (Polti/MG-GB) bikes on behalf of the company.

Shimano Dura Ace 7410 - Supposedly an ex pro team issue groupset. Still going strong and running like clock-work.

Gipiemme Tecno 416 & Falcon R25 - Vintage aero wheelset and custom modern vintage-look climbing wheelset.

Selle San Marco Ti saddle.

Shimano Dura Ace AX stem.

Flite saddle is gone (replaced with San Marco Ti) and vintage looking white Keo 2 Max now fitted.

Yearly service/strip down getting done next week along with NOS 7410 BB, chain rings, Easton Dura Ace seat post and white bar tape.

Attachments

• 0B6EEBAE-FE00-4C78-836D-F1A91BB79E2D (2).JPG
    0B6EEBAE-FE00-4C78-836D-F1A91BB79E2D (2).JPG
    421.6 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_9529.jpg
    IMG_9529.jpg
    620.6 KB · Views: 94
Welcome. And what a lovely machine. Several members on here will be green with envy!
Thank you 👍

I had a Thron Coppi (pic below) as an all year training bike so that introduced me to the brand, it initially had the groupset so made sense to build up an attempt at a period pro level bike to do it justice.

I love it but it's not quite the one I want from my childhood so when I finally find the right bike/frame I will probably sell this on. Until then I'm gonna enjoy it as much as possible!

Attachments

• IMG_9122.jpg
    IMG_9122.jpg
    474.6 KB · Views: 16
Always had a soft spot for the Cadex and the mtb's too. Looks in very nice condition.
Yeah was in lovely nick, a scratch on the chain stay and that was it. Was originally from Harry Hall Manchester. I had to decide between this and the Thron Coppi for what to turn into an everyday neo-retro build, would've looked awesome with modern carbon components (Chorus 11v, Bora Ultra 35 etc) but it was just too nice to use in all weathers so I sold it on to a young bike designer, at least she's in good hands now.

Very nice bike and with great componentry 👍 I have also a Fausto Lugano frame but in Dark Blue, I will build it with dura ace 7800 and Mavic Cosmic Pro. Photo of my frame
52673441571_473e53bece_b.jpg

Very nice bike and with great componentry 👍 I have also a Fausto Lugano frame but in Dark Blue, I will build it with dura ace 7800 and Mavic Cosmic Pro. Photo of my frame
52673441571_473e53bece_b.jpg
Very nice, MG-GB team colours. Is that a mega down tube Genius frame? Columbus sticker looks identical to mine.

Back