Masciaghi Fausto Coppi Lugano 53'

believe I asked about how this rides over on FB... beautiful bike, love it with the Tecnos in particular .
it rides well and it is very nervy frame. Nemo and Foco are two steps higher but those are very expensive and right anything made of Genius tubing is getting expensive.

believe I asked about how this rides over on FB... beautiful bike, love it with the Tecnos in particular .
It's the best riding bike I have - stiff enough seated or sprinting in the drops but also compliant, it just rolls along with an enjoyable feel to it. If you stand up and kick up a small crest it flexes slightly but with a beautiful elastic spring that kind of works with you as you pedal. Amazing design IMO. I have a Tig welded Columbus Nemo Scapin with an oversized down tube. I bought it hoping it would ride the same but it doesn't have the spring in it's step like the Coppi, I think the oversized tube adds stiffness that is welcome if you're racing but takes away some of the joy for mere mortals that just want to enjoy the ride.

that white coppi is a sweet' ride. you know your saddles 👍
Thank you. Yeah I am pretty fussy with most things on my bikes, saddles especially. The Flite Titanium is a 90's icon and recommended by many, but I always loved the look of the San Marco Ti200 ever since I saw it on Greg LeMonds 1992 Calfee. They're both nice but I'd put the Flite as slightly more comfortable and the Ti200 as better looking.

Thank you. Yeah I am pretty fussy with most things on my bikes, saddles especially. The Flite Titanium is a 90's icon and recommended by many, but I always loved the look of the San Marco Ti200 ever since I saw it on Greg LeMonds 1992 Calfee. They're both nice but I'd put the Flite as slightly more comfortable and the Ti200 as better looking.
IMG_9401.jpeg

i only use Flite's. my happy place 😃. Grouse feather •

Back