onegoodbike's TJ Quick winter build.

Hopefully this is the right spot for my winter build?, it's a bit of a mix and match because I like retro steel framesets, but love riding with more modern groupsets, in particular 10 speed Dura-Ace.

In late September last year I put out a wanted ad looking for a nice steel frameset in really good condition. Nothing surfaced here that fitted the bill, but I did find this gem on eBay. It was fitted with an odd hotchpotch of parts, but that didn't matter as it was the frameset I was after and I already had most of the kit I needed to build what I'm intending to be my main ride for 2023, once the weather takes a turn for the better that is!.

Thanks to the crappy weather we've been subjected to pre and post christmas, I've had plenty of time to tinker about in the shed, so it's all come together quicker than I expected.

Anyway here's the spec list

55cm TJ Quick fillet brazed frameset built from Reynolds 731os Race tubing (in a fetching green).
Shimano Dura-Ace 7400 1" threaded headset.
Cinelli 1A (reissue) 110mm quill stem.
Deda Piega RHM 42cm handlebars.
Zipp service course bar tape.

Shimano Dura-Ace 7900 shifters.
Shimano Dura-Ace 7900 calipers.
Shimano Dura-Ace 7900 rear derailleur.
Shimano Dura-Ace 7900 front derailleur.
Shimano Dura-Ace 7900 10 speed cassette 12-27.
Shimano Dura-Ace 7900 10 speed chain.
Middleburn RS4 172.5mm chainset.
Specialites TA Alize 52/38 chainrings.
Shimano Dura-Ace 7410 bottom bracket.
Shimano Dura-Ace 9100 pedals.

Rims unknown 32 hole aero section clinchers.
Shimano Dura-Ace 7900 F&R hubs.
Continental Grand Prix 25mm tyres.

Fizik Aliante VS saddle Ti rails.
Shimano Dura-Ace 7410 Seatpost 27.2mm dia.
King cage Ti bottle cages.

Weight: to be confirmed.

View attachment 697944View attachment 697945View attachment 697946View attachment 697947View attachment 697948
Very fetching indeed. A lovely build.

That's just lovely. I'm a bit of a slave to bikes being period correct but that does look really good.

Very nice indeed - have you weighed it? I’m imagining with that kit on it, it’ll be nice and light as well as a great ride 👍

Back