Klein Pinnacle Serial number help please

boxxer":2678rori said:
How can you be sure?

Like the comment above, Trek did not do the Pinnacle, the serialnumber, the dropout, the cable guides, the seatclamp......deffinately a Klein Pinnacle.

Be aware of the possible crack near the seatpostclamp. Use the search function or Google and you know what I mean.

Good luck

Martin":3rjoxwop said:
boxxer":3rjoxwop said:
How can you be sure?

Like the comment above, Trek did not do the Pinnacle, the serialnumber, the dropout, the cable guides, the seatclamp......deffinately a Klein Pinnacle.

Be aware of the possible crack near the seatpostclamp. Use the search function or Google and you know what I mean.

Good luck

This is what I wanted to hear - there is some "damage" a couple of scapes on the top tube and it will need the rear brake insert sorted but I'm on the brink of my first Klein....

Re:

My Pinnacle cracked by the seat clamp.I will say though, I think it's a 1993, not a 1994. In 1994 Klein used the curvy font, not the blocky font.

Hello!

I managed to buy a complete Pinnacle, Bright Green, with Chrome Spinner fork.
http://foto.testbike.hu/jget.php?pic=./ ... height=980

The front fork is Spinner and according to the 1990 cataloge a chrom fork came in frameset with the frame. But if it is from 1990, the decal should be black.
So I'm confused.
Frame number is P235

Could somebody please help me also by this production year?

The rear fallout situation is pre trek. When Trek bought Klein, they had the "micro-dropouts".
Serial says its 93.

Edit: oops, there was a second page... sorry.

Thias":3rrbavbk said:
The rear fallout situation is pre trek. When Trek bought Klein, they had the "micro-dropouts".
Serial says its 93.

Edit: oops, there was a second page... sorry.

Thank You!
So P235 is from 1993?
How can it be determined?

The front fork is Chrome, like in the 1990 catalogue...

No. I was refering to the fist post. I dont know what year your Pinnacle is. They changed their numbering system over the years. Yours is pre 93 I would think. But I am not an expert.

Maybe you can narrow it down by where the number is situated. 92 and later has it on the underside of the BB, iirc.

If I had to take a guess: its something 88 or 89. Chrome forks...

taken from here:http://www.wundel.com
kleinkatalog_1989_seite5_xl.jpg

Back