Klein Adroit Rainforest- ultralite inspired unicorn build

Re:

Any interest in selling on those Shogun perches when they arrive?

Or even your modded STX mounts if you decide to switch them out!?

How easy/hard was the mod, by the way? Just a case of simply drilling a new hole to align?

Re: Re:

pw_pw_la":3iw2neu8 said:
Any interest in selling on those Shogun perches when they arrive?

Or even your modded STX mounts if you decide to switch them out!?

How easy/hard was the mod, by the way? Just a case of simply drilling a new hole to align?
Yes, I will be selling them so I’ll pm you when they arrive. The mod is tricky as you are effectively working blind. I paint marked the XTR pins and pressed them onto the mounting surface to indicate where the new holes should be. It still wasn’t exact so a couple of holes next to holes were employed!

Re:

Time to cable up. Thought I’d go with green as black seemed a little plain and XTR grey, although lovely, wouldn’t have picked out anything else on the bike.
Will it be too much? Only one way to find out!

Attachments

• 0E7B9D69-7CD7-4D62-AAC8-78C563A7ABC0.jpeg
    0E7B9D69-7CD7-4D62-AAC8-78C563A7ABC0.jpeg
    95.7 KB · Views: 201

Disco Drive":1gywcmbm said:
Cockpit time.
I had ordered some Shogun shifter mounts from Germany but I am still waiting for them to arrive after a ridiculous amount of faff. This gave me time to reflect and I felt I’d be happier with some STX RC mounts in the end anyway.
These had to be drilled to align with the different location of the anti rotation pins on the XTR shifters and I then painted them black after another faff with my local anodiser who didn’t understand my request :facepalm:
I’m pretty pleased with the quite minimalist look with the SS5’s and I think the grips work?

Those grips and brake blocks work so well with the colour scheme.

Coming on nicely, and some nice touches too. Did you think about clear grips? to show off the painted bars :cool:

mk one":1kfen1zu said:
Coming on nicely, and some nice touches too. Did you think about clear grips? to show off the painted bars :cool:
I did but I’m not sure I’d like the look. I still wonder if the bike is too green with the rainforest-esque grips?

Vinevo":6iy6fycg said:
Just seen this Steve, looking good mate :cool:
Cheers Ash. Finished now so will post some pics soon. Having some difficulty finding a suitable background for it!

Latest posts

Back