Klein Adroit 95 budget build, finished p15

Thanks @Canuckbiker I tried hard to get some decent pics but that colour is a nightmare to photograph šŸ˜”. Either that or my phone camera is rubbish!
I was amazed at how she rides, I have another Klein (97 Attitude) with sus up front. Youā€™d think it would be better? Nope even with sus it feels harder. The Adroit rides more like my steel rigid Konas, only even better! Some sort of wizardry going on me thinks. Iā€™ve had/have many alloy frame bikes, none ride like this šŸ˜.

Out after work tonight for a short blast. Think Iā€™m hooked! The Adroit is, dare I say itā€¦. Comfortable! I wasnā€™t completely happy with the MC2 stem on this when I collected the fuselage. I prefer the zero rise stem for looks. However, the rise is bang on for me in the fit department šŸ˜. No sore back, and it keeps a little weight of my wrists. Im looking forward to a decent ride sometime in the future. Iā€™ll report back after that.

Out after work tonight for a short blast. Think Iā€™m hooked! The Adroit is, dare I say itā€¦. Comfortable! I wasnā€™t completely happy with the MC2 stem on this when I collected the fuselage. I prefer the zero rise stem for looks. However, the rise is bang on for me in the fit department šŸ˜. No sore back, and it keeps a little weight of my wrists. Im looking forward to a decent ride sometime in the future. Iā€™ll report back after that.
Best thing in this build is the fit: i bet thatĀ“s why it feels so good and forgiving on trails. That tall stem gives a good saddle to bar distance, preserves your upper body from shock and still gives you a fast handling bike. Fit is 90 per cent of what makes a bike special. Next is paint.

Couple of tweeks made recently. Pedals swapped out for a set of Sakae low fats, decal fitted at the bottom of the seat tube and a gold Ringle cage to top it all off. Plans for the future are a set of Mavic 217s the same colour as the 221s fitted at the moment and a nice set of hubs (gold?).

9F295B92-5A2D-424C-A8DF-38CE02A9DF88.jpeg

Well with the build almost complete, and the final spec committed too. I thought it was time for this, all subject to change whenever the mood takes me and with no consultation with anyoneā€¦ā€¦
okay maybe Mrs JRGSXR šŸ˜‚

Frame - 95 Klein Adroit, 20ā€, desert paint
Forks - Klein Strata
Headset - MC2
Stem/bars - MC2

Brake levers - Proshift
Cantis - Onza HO
Hangers - Onza chill pills
Pads - XTR copyā€™s
Grips - Yeti
Cables - Jagwire

Shifters - XT m739
Front mech - XTR m900
Rear mech - XTR m910
Cassette - XT m737
Crank & chainrings - Middleburn
Chainring bolts - gold
Chain - HG71
BB - Klein
Pedals - Sakae low fat MTP129
Cables - Jagwire

Rims - Mavic 217 TIB
Hubs - XT m737
Spokes - DT Swiss db
Skewers - XT m737
Tyres - Smoke/Dart 2.1s
Saddle - Selle Flite TI perforated
Seatpost - Thomson Elite
Binder - X Lite
Bottle cage - Ringle

Weight - 9.6kg.
Nothing budget in this list. ItĀ“s high end.

I had a good few parts before the frame arrived and was lucky enough to pick up the rest at budget prices. Right time, right place as they say. Iā€™m glad it doesnā€™t look budget even though it was. Iā€™ve been lucky with most of my builds when it comes to picking up parts at great prices, and Iā€™ve had help from the great members of Retrobike.

Itā€™s amazing what can be achieved when you get a day off! Managed to tidy up my Zaskar today and finally got the wheels sorted for the Klein. IMG_7557.jpeg IMG_7558.jpeg
Many thanks to @Lucidone for the wheelset and @mk one for the front hub. Only took a couple of hours today to swap out the front hub and fit the tyres/tubes. Iā€™ll get them fitted to the bike another day šŸ˜

Back