Klein Adroit build

@Frankenorange:
"Drill it"

=>Are you so frustrated and jealous of the guy with this nice Klein Adroit Rainforest & this is why you wanna encourage him to ruin it?!!??
=>Or are you simply a sadistic person who enjoys when others destroy their stuff, because you can't afford to own it yourself....?

Either way, your advice is VERY questionable at best!

I'm sure that you are the kind of guy who DREAMS to own a Klein Fervor one day, am I right? lol :cool:

My recommendation is DO NOT DRILL! Having said that, do what you have to do ;)

Your Klein frame (as a Klein lover) is fairly valuable and drilling out the rear brake cables stops will reduce resale value. If you intend to never sell it it's a moot point.

I've got a Magura rim brake equipped bike and yes, probably the best rim brakes I've ever used (properly set up) but not by a long shot for me. A well set up, properly equipped cable actuated retro-cantilever braked (or V braked) bike stops as good as a bike needs to (IMHO). Brake pad selection being a big factor.

Wilkins did a wonderful job on the repaint BTW 😍
@604carsten:

3 things:

-1.) Dave Wilkins did a great job painting the frameset. It looks awesome! :)

-2.) Take away that cheap looking rear disc wheel. It ruins the cool look of the bike.
(These kind of cheap disc wheels look cool on a Wheeler mtb with an LX group).

-3.) DO. NOT. DRILL. this frame.
This is probably THE single most stupid & foolish thing someone can do to a vintage Klein Adroit frameset.

=> It's the SUREST THING TO RUIN it.
(With those 2 drilled out holes you intend to do the value of the frame goes down instantly by over 1'000$ = -$1'000+)
& Maguras look awful in general & even more on a Klein Adroit frame.
To drill a Klein Adroit frame is equal to wanna do some paint improvements yourself on a work of art of Picasso.

P.S. FYI: It's interesting that your nick-name is "604carsten"...... one of the biggest vintage Klein collector's names was/is also Carsten..... he has collected Kleins for more than 20 years & would NEVER drill any of his bikes.... ever.
Why is the biggest factor of compatibly on a Klein value? Who cares? It’s going to be ridden as a commuter, so it’ll probably lose £1000 in chips in the paint. Do whatever it takes to get it on the road @604carsten

And anyway pannier racks are useful

And the disk wheel looks sick don’t replace it for a typical Tioga.

Blue sugino would look cool though

Anyway I assume this is a bit of marmite for everyone, and there is gonna be disagreement with Klein purists vs everyday folk😉

Have i already said that this bike looks awesome?

I had assumed the original post was a bit of baiting / trolling from 604 - it pressed so many buttons. But it’s his bike - so he gets to do what he wants with it? If it were a proper commuter I would put black duct tape around the tubes to make it a less obvious theft target and also one of those big old school d-locks for the main triangle. Sorted. I just hope the bicycle gods are not watching or it’s gonna rain on 408 every time he/she sets out.

I would sell this immediately and not drilling, commuting or any other abuse. Rather buying a decent cheapo retro commuter, and spend the rest on whatever.
Oh and do not drill that either.

Yeah, sorry guys... the disc is going onto the neon AlpineStars, but I thought it would be fun to try it on the Klein Holy grail :)
TheAdroit is indeed a Wilkins repaint after I bought it with drilled out brake lines for V's and he rextended the cur bars. It was stripped naked and repainted RF as I missed that one in my collection and having Dave paint it 2 miles from the original factory site is dam near original to me..
B70CAEC1-CCB6-456D-953B-ADEB48DEBED7.jpeg

@Frankenorange:
"Drill it"

=>Are you so frustrated and jealous of the guy with this nice Klein Adroit Rainforest & this is why you wanna encourage him to ruin it?!!??
=>Or are you simply a sadistic person who enjoys when others destroy their stuff, because you can't afford to own it yourself....?

Either way, your advice is VERY questionable at best!

I'm sure that you are the kind of guy who DREAMS to own a Klein Fervor one day, am I right? lol :cool:

Not jealous or envious in the slightest. I do not dream of owning any Klein's and if i wanted i could easily afford to buy one. Even one of the really rare examples as, compared to 1930's racing cars, they are cheap as so many were made and many still exist. Another fact is that I will never be a typical Klein fanboy who is so easily offended. Your response is mental!

Anyhow; If the owner wants to drill it then he/she can do the hell they like and if it makes you hot under the collar then you need to have a word with yourself. If you have the means to then you go ahead and preserve a few. The more people who modify and "destroy" Klein's will just increase the value of what you preserve so you will be quids in, and a god.

So angry and so quickly. It can be found all over the internet and i didn't even bait you as a troll. What is it with some of you Klein people? Is it something in the paint?

=).- off.

Last edited:
Back